• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone heard any more rumours about what will be added to coinbase next?
    Large portion of my portfolio is in XLM, XRP and ETC hoping that it will be one of them
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      Large portion of my portfolio is in XLM, XRP and ETC hoping that it will be one of them
      XRP is what I read elsewhere, likely early January if it happens.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Tough one to call, although i'm not convinced that it will help long term with any particular coin. Look at BCH, big surge for a day the back to the pre-coinbase trend. Unless you're lucky enough to get in very early and sell at the peak then I don't know how easy it would be to maximise the opportunity that a coinbase listing adds.

As a side note, you still can't buy BCH on coinbase! They said 1st Jan but not happened yet, at least not in the UK anyways.

I'm hoping that ETC gets added as I don't have any XRP.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
          Tough one to call, although i'm not convinced that it will help long term with any particular coin. Look at BCH, big surge for a day the back to the pre-coinbase trend. Unless you're lucky enough to get in very early and sell at the peak then I don't know how easy it would be to maximise the opportunity that a coinbase listing adds.

As a side note, you still can't buy BCH on coinbase! They said 1st Jan but not happened yet, at least not in the UK anyways.

I'm hoping that ETC gets added as I don't have any XRP.
          I suspect that BCH will go up again when it becomes available for real on coinbase. I suspect they're busy looking through the evidence to see who did what before they release it and add another.
          ETC would be great for me too
          Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

So now my punts are XVG, EOS, OMG, MNX, WGR and DASH.

BTC, BCH and all the other knock offs are sitting around and Im not expecting much if anything from them.

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
              So now my punts are XVG, EOS, OMG, MNX, WGR and DASH.

BTC, BCH and all the other knock offs are sitting around and Im not expecting much if anything from them.

I've really diversified recently. now holding (usually small) amounts of
              XRP, XLM, ETC, STEEM, DASH, Stratis, POWR, SNT, 1ST, GEO, EMC2, XEM, XMR, SYS, OMG and DOGE.
              Some of those have no chance of being listed on coinbase but could still rally significantly.
              Am yet to set up my price alerts for them all though...

Comment

No one else getting on the ZCL train? I did very well (250%) off the NXT airdrop and ZCL is a 1:1 to BTCP which I think will have real potential to get to $500 - $1000.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
                  No one else getting on the ZCL train? I did very well (250%) off the NXT airdrop and ZCL is a 1:1 to BTCP which I think will have real potential to get to $500 - $1000.
                  On my list but not currently enough of me to spread around.
                  Maybe next time XLM or XRP jump by 20-25% I'll stick some in.
                  Need to be back in Zencash as well...hopefully in the next week or so for both

Just asked my accountant if there is a definitive direction from HMRC wrt taxation on cryptos. Will let you know what he says. I suspect it will be slightly different to what any other accountant will say on the subject

Comment

I’m now wondering whether to bother getting more XRP. It’s gone up to £2.74 in the time it’s taken for my money to arrive at Coinbase overnight. Might wait and see if it dips.

Comment

I've really diversified recently. now holding (usually small) amounts of
                      XRP, XLM, ETC, STEEM, DASH, Stratis, POWR, SNT, 1ST, GEO, EMC2, XEM, XMR, SYS, OMG and DOGE..
                      You could just sit out the year now with that lot and watch the fortunes come.

Diversification is the ticket.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X