• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    I don’t understand these.
    Without a backup it’s a risk.
    With a backup you don’t gain any security.
    Yeah its a weird one, I guess printing out the private key and keeping it in a safe as a backup is the only option??

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
      Yeah its a weird one, I guess printing out the private key and keeping it in a safe as a backup is the only option??
      A fireproof safe.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Just bought a hardware wallet for my BTC (and a few others). £60 or so on amazon.

Only bummer is I guess I have to pay fees to transfer to my current online wallet to this...
        Ledger Nano S I'm guessing as I bought one last week. It has a unique passphrase which I have photocopied and put im some safe places.

I might cash out to Fiat and wait for a correction with a bit of powder in alts for the mean time.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Tattoo of private key somewhere private.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

According to PBC Salt (SALT) is a short time buy.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Stellar head and shoulders pattern confirmed - down town seems likely now. Must pinch myself now, did I really sell this at 1399...

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Storming in with a quite acceptable 13% rise in a day, Bitcoin has crossed $13K
                Should get a nice supported boost from our Asian crypto friends tonight.

Lets compare today's gains against one of the funds of 'anti Bitcoin JP Morgan' which carries annual management fees of course to finance the salaries of their highly paid 'expert fund managers' ...

JPMorgan Elect plc - Managed Cash
                Investment objective and policy
                Preservation of capital with a yield based on short term interest rates by investing in a range of liquidity funds and short dated AAArated UK or G7 government securities hedged into sterling.
                Cumulative performance (as at 31/10/2017)
                1 month -0.02 %
                3 months -0.23 %
                1 year 0.79 %
                3 years 1.92 %
                5 years 2.56 %

Comment

well lisk is down 20% from earlier...

Comment

well lisk is down 20% from earlier...
                    Think much of the alt-coin market is down because folks are not buying their dollar market value with BTC's relentless rise.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Stellar head and shoulders pattern confirmed - down town seems likely now. Must pinch myself now, did I really sell this at 1399...

Down it goes.
                      Do you think asia will pump it?
                      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X