• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I have 2 questions for today:

1 - What news sources do those in the know follow?

2 - Any alt-coins worth mining? I have an Azure sub as part of my MS partner agreement (for the action pack) which is gathering dust....

1) PBRG - $3k membership fee, but worth it. My Subscriptions - Palm Beach Research Group

2) Forget mining coins. The process consumes energy unnecessarily. There are many pre-minded blockchains out there.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Ripple might do another mad leap up in the coming months - perhaps 10 fold. Not unlike back in May 17 - yeh be warned.

https://twitter.com/coindesk/status/931145355818946560
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks Scoot. Still positive about Zencash??

Comment

Another big announcement on Stellar is due... you now know as much as I do!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Another big announcement on Stellar is due... you now know as much as I do!
            A good or bad one!

Comment

A good one

Comment

Rather than mine i'd look into setting up a Zencash secure node - 3.5% of the currency is set aside for those running secure nodes. If you're in on the ground floor when they launch there may only be a handful of them. When I was reading on the forums the other day someone suggested there are currently 120-150 ish nodes in operation at the moment. There's a calculator you can use to work out how much money you could theoretically make running them too.

A dedi from Kimsufi with enough beef to run a secure node would be about £15-£20 a month, maybe less if you found a good deal.

Comment

yup - setting up a secure node on Zencash is cheap as chips right now.

Comment

Remember what I said about ignoring the $ value of coins? The game is coin accumulation, which you're going to cash in as some future bitcoin value no later than the mid-2019.

If you look now Zencash is 0.00273965 BC's, earlier this week it was around 0.0034 - so people are pricing / trading Zencash in dollar terms but it is not traded with $. Always around $20, so it has clear support around this price.

Bitcoin is going to correct before January - it has too - now if you already bought bitcoin last week or when it was around $6k, now is an excellent time to exchange it for more Zencash coins.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      yup - setting up a secure node on Zencash is cheap as chips right now.
                      There's no financial incentive at the moment thought right scooter? Because it's still in beta?

Comment

Working...
                      X