• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    This is a fallacy imo. Don't know why folks think they'll double their money. The same thing happened with Bitcoin Cash. Everyone expected double money. It did not happen.

I'd say the original bitcoin will remain intact without segwit2. Yes Bitcoin is slow for transactions, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
    is the fork not happening? Don't remember saying anything about doubling money - didn't get anything like double on the last fork, don't expect it this time either. But getting any free coin I can cash out for real money is still free money.

Also I'm not sure if the mods will tolerate you offering crypto signal services and soliciting money from this forum - isn't that quite a big no no?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Here's one for free. Lunyr (LUN)

Good chance to see 200-300% gain before year's end. Get in before the bitcoin fork. By Nov 16th cash from bitcoin's surge will pour into alt's.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        is the fork not happening? Don't remember saying anything about doubling money - didn't get anything like double on the last fork, don't expect it this time either. But getting any free coin I can cash out for real money is still free money.
        The cash gained from the fork will be nothing much in the scheme of things. If you've got 1 BC and 1 forked BC @ $10 it's hardly champagne popping time.

Also I'm not sure if the mods will tolerate you offering crypto signal services and soliciting money from this forum - isn't that quite a big no no?
        Well then I apologise. Don't see how it's much different from the lottery syndicate that operated on here a few years ago. I've offered signals throughout this thread, some have made money and some complain endlessly. Point is, we're in a bull market like nothing we've seen since the early 90's and it's not likely to happen again for another 20-30 years.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The cash gained from the fork will be nothing much in the scheme of things. If you've got 1 BC and 1 forked BC @ $10 it's hardly champagne popping time.

Well then I apologise. Don't see how it's much different from the lottery syndicate that operated on here a few years ago. I've offered signals throughout this thread, some have made money and some complain endlessly. Point is, we're in a bull market like nothing we've seen since the early 90's and it's not likely to happen again for another 20-30 years.
          Just a heads up really. I have some skin in this game (although original capital is protected now) so I'm all for the bull market continuation. I'm still a bit cautious about the possibilities that the tech could be compromised or the establishment will somehow either take control of it or outlaw it somehow.

Crypto is in it's Wild West days at the moment, I'm in but not with too much and I'm not buying the dips either. Might regret that one day but I'm averaging 2%/week with FX so it's all good.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Crypto is in it's Wild West days at the moment, I'm in but not with too much and I'm not buying the dips either. Might regret that one day but I'm averaging 2%/week with FX so it's all good.
            It is. Bitcoin original will become a storage of wealth in the future. Here's a thought, if investors of gold put 1% of there gold investment into bitcoin, a single bitcoin will be worth $1 million.

The market is tiny right now.

Comment

If 20 folks agree, provide £100 each, I'll give up what I know.

Something big is going to happen by the end of January and there's virtually no news coverage. It has to do with legislation going through the US at the minute.
              This proposed protection from federal interference?
              https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...ive&gws_rd=ssl

From which you expect stratospheric gains, on the anticipation of further public adoption of Bitcoin as a payment system and/or wealth storage facility?

Or something else?
              Originally posted by Old Greg
              I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

If hypothetically I had 100 bitcoins in a wallet and want to use some to buy a new Aventador S from Lamborghini Kensington for cash, any consensus on the easiest and quickest way to convert Bitcoin to GBP fiat (green folding notes) in the UK ?

Looks like certain UK banks and PayPal are shutting down any accounts they find or suspect to be involved with Bitcoin funds.

Bitcoin ATM to fiat cash-out apparently works in London (anonymous and tax free) but £325K would require a lot of visits !

A Bitcoin ATM in London which converts to cash

Comment

Comment

Here's one for free. Lunyr (LUN)

Good chance to see 200-300% gain before year's end. Get in before the bitcoin fork. By Nov 16th cash from bitcoin's surge will pour into alt's.
                    Just bought a load of Lunyr on your recommendation.
                    What a right royal PIA they are to buy........
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

bought around a thousand of them myself... lets see where it takes us.

Remember be patient. If you see a gain of 2x, 5x, 10x - take it! Even if you're holding in BC you'll be still smiling by January.
                      Last edited by scooterscot; 3 November 2017, 20:45.

Comment

Working...
                      X