• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    I have some magic beans that are all individual and priceless while there's no desire to plant them. When planted they make all sorts of pretty tulips. Buy them while they're still cheap.
    Like BTLs?

Comment

Litecoin just hit $53

Am retiring if this hits $100. Today we woz an army without a country. Tomorrow we have to decide which country we want buy! Yaarrr!
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...es-a-hard-sell

Anything that is not easy to cash out will end in tears. It needs liquidity....
        That article was funny) Like I said, if the coins are not used it just sits there whilst very little is printed (farmed whatever), fortunately for some that just makes it go up in value. The moment it gets used it will go down in value.

Scoot WTF is the point in buying stuff of Amazon with litecoins getting %15 discount? If I purchased the products I did last week with Litecoins I would have actually lost £157... that doesn't even come close enough to justify a purchase for %15 discount.

This is another nice article:
        https://elaineou.com/2017/06/05/mule...uctive-assets/
        Last edited by Drei; 4 July 2017, 22:38.

Comment

By the way, just to add a little more fire:

All the people that keep saying have faith, early investor, supporter blah blah are all bulltulipters. You HAVE to use the CC not be a hoarder. Buying and keeping the CC does nothing for its use. Of course if there are only 100 items made (for example limited edition cars) and 10000 buyers. Lets say manufacturing cost is 50k therefore the actual value due to demand would be 500k minimum.

What is the value of CC? I would say the value of CC should be the exact same as the cost it takes to mine. What is the point of making the CC harder to mine? If Bitcoins reach max numbers then just create Bitcoin2, then 3 4 5 etc, keep the damn value affordable.

If there are 8 billion people in the world should each CC be affordable and easy to mine until 8 billion units are circulating? That way it matches the world population... and that is based on saying that each person has 1 unit. In reality I would expect that each person in the world would need to have 1000 units before it gets difficult, therefore we are looking to get at least 8000000000000 units.

The current world units will be a measly 21 million by 2140... WTF.... what will the world population be in 2140? Right now only %10 of people have the majority of all bitcoins. The remaining 90% are useless.

Quote from guy posting somewhere, I totally agree, this is not the new age of technology:

Best Ponzi scheme in the making... no face to who created it.. 99.9999..% of the world population don't know what the heck it is, forget how to use it even just how to buy it.. just sheep falling like blind herd.. remember this comment when bitcoins is history..
          Last edited by Drei; 5 July 2017, 11:31.

Comment

Lets put it even simpler. Why would the common person need CC? Do you need anonymity? The whole point of CC is anonymity and decentralization from the government however the government is the only thing protecting your FIAT and also going after the bad guys if they did steal it.

If someone steals your bitcoins... you are screwed. No one will do anything about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drei View Post
              Lets put it even simpler. Why would the common person need CC?
              While cash is around they don't. People like anonymity. Without it CUK would be stuffed.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                While cash is around they don't. People like anonymity. Without it CUK would be stuffed.
                Don't worry your secrets safe with me, Algernon
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

What is the value of CC? I would say the value of CC should be the exact same as the cost it takes to mine. What is the point of making the CC harder to mine? If Bitcoins reach max numbers then just create Bitcoin2, then 3 4 5 etc, keep the damn value affordable.
                  So if I gave you 10,000 bitcoins you'd turn them down because there's no value in them?
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

What is the value of CC? I would say the value of CC should be the exact same as the cost it takes to mine.
                    It is like saying that 2-bed apartment in knightsbridge should not cost £1.2m because it cost £120k to build.

Supply and demand.

Last edited by scooterscot; 5 July 2017, 12:49.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      It is like saying that 2-bed apartment in knightsbridge should not cost £1.2m because it cost £120k to build.

Supply and demand.

Sure cause the make believe coins can keep me warm or keep me safe, completely the other way around, I can have a 1.2 mill house without being worried that criminals will grab it off me. If I had 1.2 mill worth of bitcoins I would be a target.

Not to mention that a house in the middle of London is still just a house. I can buy the same house for £200k if I go outside London. Plenty of other factors that affect a house price. You pay more if you want city life, easy commute etc.

You are making a silly comparison, for example a 1963 jag selling for 5 6 mill is completely different... it is ART, collectors item. WTF is a CC coin? Please don't make stupid comparisons.

The only reason you have CC is because of the potential interest.

Talk about losing and getting hacked. See... this is what I meant:

Largest Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked! Over $1 Million Worth Bitcoin and Ether Stolen

I love the comic but seriously... it is a Ponzi) No one is using it and only the %10 hold the main bulk of it all. Not to mention that no one actually knows who created the damn thing. All Ponzi are the same, you can get onboard and if you pull out in time you are freaking rich, if you hold long enough hoping for a killer profit you will just lose it all.

Did I mention the security side of it that is making me uneasy?
                      Last edited by Drei; 5 July 2017, 14:37.

Comment

Working...
                      X