• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    I sold a bunch of my crypto a few months ago and have since been denied a bank account at Lloyds due to being placed on the Cifas list.

Does anyone have similar experiences? I intend to submit a freedom of information request to see exactly what information they're holding but any advice in the meantime would be great.
    I don't see any reason the 2 would be connected. You don't need to do a FOI as there's no government organisation involved. You need to get your credit report and see what has been put on there. There may be some actual fraud or attempted fraud (e.g. identity theft).

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
      I sold a bunch of my crypto a few months ago and have since been denied a bank account at Lloyds due to being placed on the Cifas list.

Does anyone have similar experiences? I intend to submit a freedom of information request to see exactly what information they're holding but any advice in the meantime would be great.
      FOI won't do you any good. That only applies to getting information from public bodies and the government.

Check your credit report first, if that doesn't show anything untoward then submit a Subject Access Request to Lloyds under Article 15 of The General Data Protection Regulations as enacted in the Data protection Act 2018.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Binance.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
          Binance.
          Yet another reminder not to keep to much of your holdings on an exchange
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Yet another reminder not to keep to much of your holdings on an exchange
            I would concur - after having a few hundred £ nicked a few months ago.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
              I would concur - after having a few hundred £ nicked a few months ago.
              Just wait until yer bank blocks your bank account - then you’ll be quids in

Comment

There's a number of decentralised exchanges springing up all over the place. No need for a bank account.

Personally I like trading straight off my Ether account.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

No need for a bank account.
                  Of course there is no need for a bank account

Comment

Come to think of it, no need for a telephone number either.

Bet ya in 10 year no one will be using a telephone number. Telephone companies will be extinct.

Comment

Come to think of it, no need for a telephone number either.

Bet ya in 10 year no one will be using a telephone number. Telephone companies will be extinct.
                      For people of a certain age maybe. For older people they still struggle with snail mail.

Comment

Working...
                      X