• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    This is an interesting conversation. I think I missed the Bitcoin bubble. I looked a couple of years ago but got cold feet. Wish I'd jumped in then :-/
    Will you be saying in a years time you missed getting on the train when it was £3700 and is currently sitting around £9000?
    Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

There's been several bitcoin bubbles. There will probably be many more.

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
        Will you be saying in a years time you missed getting on the train when it was £3700 and is currently sitting around £9000?
        That seems fairly likely! I'm not getting in at the current value. I'll have to hope for another crash.

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
          What has led you to make these predictions?
          Had you bought PIVX yesterday at $3 you could have sold it now for $4

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
            Next summer a bitcoin will be worth around £50k
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
              There's been several bitcoin bubbles. There will probably be many more.
              I hope so. Sell high buy low.

Comment

If you like I can take your money and return it to you at a profit. Think of it as a Scooter hedge fund.

I guarantee you 10% before the end of September.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Had you bought PIVX yesterday at $3 you could have sold it now for $4
                  Already bought stellar a few days ago, so hopefully you're right. Taken a punt on Numenaire on your advice, so you best had be.

Ethereum classic shooting up over the last hour or 2, bought that a few days ago too.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Next summer a bitcoin will be worth around £50k
                    Hum. You don't think the steep rise since 1/1/17 is something of a bubble rather than a trend?

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?f...o=USD&view=10Y

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      Hum. You don't think the steep rise since 1/1/17 is something of a bubble rather than a trend?

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?f...o=USD&view=10Y
                      It's different this time.

Comment

Working...
                      X