• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get the Bitcoin cash fan fair. Why should the price be different either side of the airdrop if it is a 100% swap? I think that's why the price tends to tank leading up to most of these hard forks. I remember it happening on ETC and zcash, the price gets pumped right up until the swap but never holds its value during the swap. For example 7 days ago Bitcoin cash was around $400 and now it's $630. Maybe it creeps up to $800 before the swap, but you've effectively doubled you money before the swap has taken place, most people however will not realise this and hold through the swap, believing there's a chance to double their money with two coins without realising they've already doubled their money!

Just my 2 cents.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Who here understands Seigniorage? A very interesting opportunity for 100x return is on the horizon. It is regarding a new stablecoin.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I don't get the Bitcoin cash fan fair. Why should the price be different either side of the airdrop if it is a 100% swap? I think that's why the price tends to tank leading up to most of these hard forks. I remember it happening on ETC and zcash, the price gets pumped right up until the swap but never holds its value during the swap. For example 7 days ago Bitcoin cash was around $400 and now it's $630. Maybe it creeps up to $800 before the swap, but you've effectively doubled you money before the swap has taken place, most people however will not realise this and hold through the swap, believing there's a chance to double their money with two coins without realising they've already doubled their money!

Just my 2 cents.
        My take is...people only want the 'free money'
        My intention is to ride the wave and have a very tight stop under the current price when the fork snapshot is taken
        People will likely dump out (as they're only in it for the free money) which will trigger my sell at the high (or near to it) and i can choose whether or not to buy back in
        BCH is something I've held for a while but I'm not a huge fan of it really
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Who here understands Seigniorage? A very interesting opportunity for 100x return is on the horizon. It is regarding a new stablecoin.
          Understand the concept...same as making a toy for 10 quid and selling it for £20
          What are your thoughts on the gain from a stable coin? Unless you're creating the coin arent you excluded from the potential profits from that effect?
          Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
            My intention is to ride the wave and have a very tight stop under the current price when the fork snapshot is taken
            Smart - something I never did during the ETC fork, but then I'm not really into trading. Nerves are not what they once were.

PS: Meant to also say - this whole thing with BTCash, is a perfect demonstration as to why blockchains that can update without forking are the future. Tezos being one example. And more importantly it is up to to the cooperative to vote rather than the miners.
            Last edited by scooterscot; 7 November 2018, 21:19.

Comment

Smart - something I never did during the ETC fork, but then I'm not really into trading. Nerves are not what they once were.
              Nor is your advice...
              Last edited by northernladuk; 7 November 2018, 10:53.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
                Understand the concept...same as making a toy for 10 quid and selling it for £20
                What are your thoughts on the gain from a stable coin? Unless you're creating the coin arent you excluded from the potential profits from that effect?
                I PM'd the projects to you.

Comment

Anyone using Gate.io

Hackers seed StatCounter with nasty JavaScript in elaborate Bitcoin cyber-heist caper • The Register

One of the top traffic metrics websites on the internet is apparently being used by criminals to steal Bitcoins from a currency exchange.

Researchers at ESET have found that the JavaScript used by StatCounter's analytics platform has been modified by miscreants so that when embedded into the pages of Gate.io, a cryptocurrency exchange, it can siphon off alt-coins.

Because the thieves used multiple wallets to receive the hijacked funds, the researchers do not know precisely how much was stolen. They believe, however, that the loss could be significant.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Remember this indicator? It now seems to suggest market capitalisation is about to see a considerable increase.

Crypto Fear & Greed Index - Bitcoin Sentiment - Alternative.me

Comment

My Sentiment is that last month, this month and in the following months it will be ...

Fraud: 100

Comment

Working...
                      X