• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
    why do you think that?
    So far BTC has repeated 2014-15. I don't know why. In 2014 a 80% pullback was made from the all time high, we're now around 70%. There's some other factors, the symmetric triangle currently being formed usually breaks down. Is there a bullish case for breaking up? Yes. For the last three year, like clockwork, BTC has enjoyed a bull run by mid-October. Bakkt is also opening a crypto exchange on the NYSE this November.

All said and done, I'm not doing anything to my position. Going short for a possible 10% further pullback is pointless. Also if there is a sudden sharp pullback it'll be short lived, of that I'm sure.

Here is my day chart. There's a couple of points to see here for a bullish case, and a great opportunity to invest in BTC in general.

1. The massive red candle on the daily volume during August. Extremes in a market are often marked by extremes in volume. This tells us we've complicated the 'capitulation' phase, we've given up. So we're now in consolidation. It is likely to be followed with massive green volume, creating a 'U' shape on the volume scale. If that happens, we're confirmed bull market.

2. We're still cruising above the 21day moving average.

3. Volume is decreasing - that's actually a good thing after a massive sell off. In markets everywhere you see the same thing. If the volume was still high and price descending, that would be bearish.

Last edited by scooterscot; 4 October 2018, 08:04.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

The one thing you cannot sell - Trust

That is until now. Numeraire made it to Bloomberg today with the launch of Erasure. Members of parliament should have their promises made immutable so that their trust can be measured, would certainly change the way we vote.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...nt-hedge-funds
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Looks like you are mostly talking to yourself now

I love this Satoshi value, especially as it tends towards zero $$$$

Try buying the Lambo when you have 1 million satoshi and each is worth zero $$$$

Good luck with your dream.

Comment

People are still listening to him. I reckon they're just fed up of the tiresome trolling
          Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
            People are still listening to him. I reckon they're just fed up of the tiresome trolling

Tulipcoin scam is past its sell by date

Comment

ATW strike's me as a contrarian, smart, educated, uses reason to make decisions. Yet, ironically, he's throwing all that to the wind in favour off following the crowd.

I'm sensing a massive feeling a of da-ja-vu on those early posts from Drei suggesting Bitcoin might reach $5k in ten years time, yet a year later, we've already past that mark from $500. You can show people the profit but that doesn't mean they'll take it.
              Last edited by scooterscot; 5 October 2018, 07:25.

Comment

Official - BABB no longer in bear market

Comment

Looks like Salt is about to break out break up from ascending triangle. Both RSI and Stochastic charts are showing oversold and weak strength, perfect time to enter trade.

Yesterday they announced you can use your Litecoin as collateral for salt backed loans.

Comment

Boom! Easiest 20% I've ever made. Time to call it a day get over to Oktoberfest... acht, kein bier vor vier

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      Boom! Easiest 20% I've ever made. Time to call it a day get over to Oktoberfest... acht, kein bier vor vier

So you crystallised gains? Looks like the pump is over and it's on its way down.

Show HN: Executing a 51% attack on a real live CryptoCurrency, livestream | Hacker News - didn't some idiot with know trading knowledge recommend "Einsteinium"?

Comment

Working...
                      X