• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Very soon China will start executing "miners" - the control of tulipcoins will be in the hands of Chinese Govt and they will shut it down for good, you've heard it on here first
    Oh crap. Better go and buy that "Lambo" while you still can....

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      Consensus from the people whose TA i follow (for bitcoin) suggest there is a target of about 5200-5400.
      Doesn't mean I want it to go down there though
      The lowest target I can see (algo target that is) is about 3300
      for the past week an unknown buyer has been buying bitcoin at $6350 on Bitfinex using the hidden order book. The position is now $250m USD and growing.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Very soon China will start executing "miners" - the control of tulipcoins will be in the hands of Chinese Govt and they will shut it down for good, you've heard it on here first

Even if it happens (see if they go after Bitmain, assuming they don't control it already ) they can't control bitcoin or any other globally decentralised crypto.

If China removed themselves from crypto mining then for bitcoin the hash rate would fall and so would the difficulty level as it's self balancing. We westerners may then be able to mine bitcoins at home cost effectively again.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
          for the past week an unknown buyer has been buying bitcoin at $6350 on Bitfinex using the hidden order book. The position is now $250m USD and growing.
          ICE brings their exchange online in mid-November (ICE own NYSE) for BTC trading amongst other Crypto assets. Only for whales though, not you and me.

NYSE Parent ICE to Roll Out Crypto Exchange
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

One for the bookmark... buy when there's blood on the streets. Have checked over the last year, a surprisingly good indicator.

https://alternative.me/crypto/fear-and-greed-index/
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

throughout yesterday and today I'm seeing a lot of BTC accumulation, this order was $5m when it started on Binance.. crazy

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                throughout yesterday and today I'm seeing a lot of BTC accumulation, this order was $5m when it started on Binance.. crazy

Yeah that was me sorry. Saw your article on fear and greed so thought I'd throw some small change in.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

6000 f'kin posts?

Comment

Magic beans anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                      6000 f'kin posts?
                      Uh huh.

Comment

Working...
                      X