• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    It's funny because while I see crypto as in investment as a ridiculous speculative bubble, I'm curious about mining.

How do you account for equipment depreciation in your mining costs, or is it negligible?
    https://www.lifewire.com/cryptocoin-...inners-2483064

About 1-2 years before ROI.
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

A article with shortcomings when it does not consider

1. consideration for price appreciation

2. consideration for mining difficulty with new projects. Hash rate in the early days of bitcoin was far less than it is today with fewer circulating coins
      Last edited by scooterscot; 5 July 2018, 12:45.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Hi everyone,
        Can we please return to investing? I have a question regarding new unpopular cryptos like neo for example. It's price is quite appropriate for investing. An experience of trading new cryptos to share?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          An article shortcomings when it does not consider

1. consideration for price appreciation

2. consideration for mining difficulty with new projects. Hash rate in the early days of bitcoin was far less than it is today with fewer circulating coins
          Indeed, however as a starter for 10, for Old Greg, I thought it'd do.

If they want a detailed answer, they can spend their time looking into it - but it seems more like a veiled put-down than a genuine question so I cba beyond posting that link
          Originally posted by Old Greg
          I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
            Indeed, however as a starter for 10, for Old Greg, I thought it'd do.

If they want a detailed answer, they can spend their time looking into it - but it seems more like a veiled put-down than a genuine question so I cba beyond posting that link
            There should be some peer reviewed scientific journals on it somewhere.
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              There should be some peer reviewed scientific journals on it somewhere.
              Ha! It'll be years.

The industry is still in its infancy. Listening to the 1000x podcasts is quite and eye-opener. Get this.... there were over 2000 ICO's last year. More than half of them are a scam. The remainder are with founders who don't even know understand the basics of blockchain. You know more - seriously. You could be a consultant. Going rate is around $250k per annum. The 1% of remaining ICO's are promising projects that'll take time to develop. When they do they'll dominate much of the internet money.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

That's why while tulipcoins are mostly paired to bitcoin just holding bitcoin gets you the reward of all the scams. They have to buy bitcoin to exit the scam, pushing up the price of bitcoin due to it's limited availability.

Bitcoin whales pay for the hacks against exchanges offering tulipcoin pairings to anything other than bitcoin.

Bitcoin is and will remain the king.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices...-a8424651.html

Comment

Bitcoin has fallen to its lowest point since November and will probably be totally wiped out
                    Probably not worth reading it.

No one knows the future. Hedge your bets but you have to be in it to win it.

With the likely continuation of the trashing of the world's major currencies, including £ and $, it seems prudent to have a percentage of your investments in something to offset that, such as precious metals or bitcoin or both.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

The dollar is about to loose a massive chunk of its value. The promise to pay grows weaker by the day.

Comment

Working...
                      X