• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When a 'crypto' revolves around an individual then it's nothing more than a vanity project. The equivalent of attention seeking vacuous bints trout pouting to celebrity status. Only morons buy into all that bollox.

Now, you may think that the master of it all, Satoshi Nakamoto negates my statement, but the difference with 'him' is that there is no proof he exists as an individual.

Not convinced? How about buying some TrumpCoin, PutinCoin, or KimCoin?
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Mike Bateman has written a bunch of independent alt-coin articles for $MTL $IPBC $CV and $PIVX which you lot might be interested in:

https://www.investfeed.com/article/8...ciation-month/

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        umm, yeah, no, this ain't good, if somebody can sell $80k of an instrument and the market is moved by 10%, that's um, yeah, not good

Milan.
        I believe you have slightly misunderstood what's happened there.

10% of his stake ($80k, so $8k) was redistributed to the rest of the Ponzi, not 10% of the entire market
        Originally posted by Old Greg
        I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

So the VERGE (XVG) exploit/hack news was legit. Oh dear.

Seeing as it appears they haven't yet fixed the problem and exacerbated it with poor copy/paste attempts from other open sources, it makes me wonder what other copy/paste alts are similarly open to such exploits as the 'duplicate timestamp to grab all next blocks mined' one affecting XVG.

Looks like trading has been suspended as the hard fork requires new wallets to be issued (as per Verge's latest twitter message) as the old wallets won't sync with the new fork, so can't transfer XVG anyway.

Now my knowledge of blockchain and all that is minimal but you don't have to be a genius to know this is an absolute farce and shows some of the alts for what they really are, beyond amateurish.

Be careful where you place your bets in the altcoin market, it's a cesspool full of zombie coins that don't know they're dead yet.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            So the VERGE (XVG) exploit/hack news was legit. Oh dear.

Seeing as it appears they haven't yet fixed the problem and exacerbated it with poor copy/paste attempts from other open sources, it makes me wonder what other copy/paste alts are similarly open to such exploits as the 'duplicate timestamp to grab all next blocks mined' one affecting XVG.

Looks like trading has been suspended as the hard fork requires new wallets to be issued (as per Verge's latest twitter message) as the old wallets won't sync with the new fork, so can't transfer XVG anyway.

Now my knowledge of blockchain and all that is minimal but you don't have to be a genius to know this is an absolute farce and shows some of the alts for what they really are, beyond amateurish.

Be careful where you place your bets in the altcoin market, it's a cesspool full of zombie coins that don't know they're dead yet.
            YASC (yet another tulip coin)

"Their whitepaper was an impressive read" - CUK Crypto Experts

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
              YASC (yet another tulip coin)

"Their whitepaper was an impressive read" - CUK Crypto Experts
              You think we actually read the whitepapers?
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Yup no need to worry about the fundamentals when speculating. Buy the rumour, sell the news.

So with XVG, buy the rumour of a big announcement imminent, and sell the news of their blockchain hack and how poorly they've handled it so far.

Comment

Verge flying at the moment. I give up.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

New Ethereum DApps last 48 hours, ranked by ETH balance
                    1) PoWM New!
                    2) Proof of Strong Body New!
                    3) LOCKEDiN New!
                    4) PoJ New!
                    5) PoHD New!
                    6) POWH33 New!
                    7) Unkoin New!
                    8) Proof of Hot Body New!
                    9) Po50 New!
                    10) PoWC New!
                    11) PODevil New!
                    12) POID New!
                    13) NOT A PYRAMIND APP - OOOH
                    14) PORM - 20% Divs New!
                    15) PoFOMO New!
                    16) NOT A PYRAMIND APP - OOOH
                    17) NOT A PYRAMIND APP - OOOH
                    18) NOT A PYRAMIND APP - OOOH
                    19) POG New!

Thanks to unprotected source code PoWH3D pyramid clones are now out in force.
                    Could be some head scratching at the moment regarding the future of Ethereum DApp smart contracts...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                      Verge flying at the moment. I give up.
                      Just google "verge 17th April" for reason why people are still buying in for 'the deal of the century'.

Some shills saying XVG will shoot to $15. FOM means even those that believe it to be a total scam will punt a chunk of money they can afford to lose just in case the hype is true.

Why bother working for a pittance when you can cash in on crypto muppets. Fill yer boots before the wild west regulators arrive.

Latest 'news' is that the attack/exploit is still ongoing and the hard fork has been moved to block 2042000. XVG block chain explorer shows they're only on block 2040239.

So 4 days and counting and still no successful attempt to stop it for good. No wonder some are saying it must be an inside job. Can they really be that incompetent.

Beyond a farce and the price still rises.

Comment

Working...
                      X