• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STEEM up 40% this morning. Alts all looking quite tidy for a change - is this the turn or just a pullback in the down trend?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Hoping the turn but would not surprise me if there's another pullback. Managed a good but of coin accumulation in the past month increasing my positions on GRS, EMC2, DNT, and XVG - well chuffed.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Portfolio

Scooter, just changed my portfolio to the ETH value and it's showing a healthy 40% profit overall (10% loss in BTC, $ much worse) - you mention always going by the satoshi value but being that the majority of my tokens are ERC20 (therefore ETH paired on the exchange) shouldn't I be paying as much attention to the ETH value in order to guage when to sell (albeit the plan is to chuck all profit into BTC come June) Igot a nice 7x on Credits in ETH terms

Comment

All depends on the currency you're going to cash out on. I'm cashing out in $/€ so all that interests me is the Satoshi gain, the rate I bought in at the rate I'll sell at. This only works if the value of BTC hits some high in the future, and I'm very confident it will.

Ethereum will deliver the same results, it'll hit some high in the future also. Exactly what...

Either way no one can loose money throughout this year if you hold through until mid / later December.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
            PoWH3D is now the No.1 DApp on the Ethereum network, trouncing CryptoKitties et al with FOMO driven 'exponential' growth.
            First of the PoWH3D clones is out .. POWL (Proof Of Weak Legs) - straight in at no.5 on https://dappradar.com/ with a not too shabby 388 ETH transferred into the smart contract in the first 24 hours.

https://powl.io/

Looking at the source of both smart contracts in TortoiseGitMerge I can see that the POWL lads have literally copy'n'pasted the PoWH3D source and changed just a handful of config lines and _ambassador ETH addresses, even most of the code comments have been left intact !

PoWH3D
            https://etherscan.io/address/0xb3775...5c091efbe#code
            string public name = "PowH3D";
            string public symbol = "P3D";
            uint8 constant internal dividendFee_ = 10;

// add administrators here
            administrators[0xdd8bb99b13fe33e1c32254dfb8fff3e71193f6b730a89dd3 3bfe5dedc6d83002] = true;

// add the ambassadors here.
            // mantso - lead solidity dev & lead web dev.
            ambassadors_[0x8b4DA1827932D71759687f925D17F81Fc94e3A9D] = true;

// ponzibot - mathematics & website, and undisputed meme god.
            ambassadors_[0x8e0d985f3Ec1857BEc39B76aAabDEa6B31B67d53] = true;

POWL
            https://etherscan.io/address/0x34ba9...9d59e963f#code
            string public name = "POWL";
            string public symbol = "POWL";
            uint8 constant internal dividendFee_ = 20;

// add administrators here
            administrators[0x909b33773fe2c245e253e4d2403e3edd353517c30bc1a85b 98d78b392e5fd2c1] = true;

// add the ambassadors here.
            // rackoo - lead solidity dev & lead web dev.
            ambassadors_[0xbe3569068562218c792cf25b98dbf1418aff2455] = true;

// noncy - Aunt responsible for feeding us.
            ambassadors_[0x17b88dc23dacf6a905356a342a0d88f055a52f07] = true;

Comment

Bancor takes on Crypto exchanges with wallet that converts across tokens | TechCrunch

With the number for cryptocurrencies passing 1,000, and the craze continuing, things are getting pretty wild out there to say the least. And these crypto assets can vary from the tokens issued by some no-name startup all the way up to Ether and the venerable Bitcoin. The trouble is, converting those coins into other currencies which you might actually use, or perhaps into the more fiat-friendly Bitcoin and Ether, has been hard. Users have to use exchanges to convert their cryptocurrencies via exchanges where prices can fluctuate wildly. Since cryptocurrency is the main “application” for blockchain technologies right now, that would mean wallets where they are held effectively becoming a new type of ‘browser’.

This is the thinking behind the launch today of Bancor’s wallet. Bancor was already an open-source protocol for automated token conversions, and had raised approximately $153 million in ICO last year. It’s new wallet will offer built-in conversion between 75 cryptocurrencies, with more being added each day. This means users will not need to send their cryptocurrencies to exchanges if they wish to acquire other forms of crypto-assets and can instead convert cryptocurrencies directly inside the Bancor Wallet. The wallet is not a native smartphone app, but is optimised for mobile use.

Comment

Cheers What are your thoughts on the yet to be announced Verge partnership ? My first token and (till today) my biggest loss

Comment

Originally posted by FarangMau View Post
                  Cheers What are your thoughts on the yet to be announced Verge partnership ? My first token and (till today) my biggest loss
                  A number of post ago I said that I expect Verge to hit $2 by the summer. So I'd say just hold. And remember to sell if it ever hit that mark.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
                    First of the PoWH3D clones is out .. POWL (Proof Of Weak Legs)
                    PoWH3D clones flying out now, eth pillin' in from punters eager to 'get in early at high levels of the pyramid'

PoWH3D - Proof of Weak Hands (original): uint8 constant internal dividendFee_ = 10;
                    POWL - Proof Of Weak Legs (yesterday): uint8 constant internal dividendFee_ = 20;
                    POWM - Proof Of Weak Math (today): uint8 constant internal dividendFee_ = 5; // Look, strong Math
                    POHD - Power Of Hodl (today): uint8 constant internal dividendFee_ = 4;

Top New Dapps, Eth Balance
                    1 PoWL New! 171.58
                    2 PoWM New! 396.48
                    3 PoHD New! 63.94

Probably about a couple of hours to launch a clone
                    1) Register new .io domain
                    2) copy'n'paste smart contract, change config lines, compile and deploy direct to the main Ethereum network (ignore any copyright/source code licensing. No testing needed - assume works as reusing all PoWH3D code without permission)
                    3) copy'n'paste web site, change a few lines of text (ignore any copyright/source code licensing)
                    4) Shill/promote

Is this Ethereum's future ?

PoWH3D fan video:
                    Last edited by SunnyInHades; 4 April 2018, 13:42.

Comment

Back in the red again. On the upside - tax return for crypto gains this year won't be too unpleasant
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X