• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I might get access to my SC this weekend according to Bittrex and the SC devs. I'm tempted to get out of it - or at least some of it to free up some cheddar.

It's also got me thinking about other projects and all the 'me too' competitors. It would be good is there was a site that listed all coins (including upcoming ICOs) categorized by industry/business area then compared and ranked them. Does such a site exist?

Personally I can see fewer coins and interconnected blockchains (Ripple Interledger/ARK) in the future but for now almost all these are just pump & dump get rich quick vehicles..
    This is what https://www.palmbeachgroup.com is about, and perhaps why membership is so expensive. He travels around the world every other week, I'm watching his blog videos every other day from some random hotel room. He spends much time getting to know the team behind the project, their background and experience and so forth, comparing different or similar projects. Understanding growth potential etc.

The thing with Siacoin is development. The concept and product idea is great. The money is now available and so exists a well defined roadmap. People now expect the technology to be up and running. But the truth is it takes months to develop the code to make all these ideas come together. Siacoin was one my early trades, have been holding it for nearly a year now, not letting go!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Guys I'm trying to work out how good APPC is as an investment. It looks to have some pretty solid ideas and access to a large customer base already (Aptoide being one example) and given it's positioning in mobile apps, it could have huge potential.

Bear in mind the coin only ICO'd a few days ago. ICO price was 0.0003339ETH. Current price is almost 7 times that.

So far only available on Binance. Will be interesting when it comes onto other exchanges.

More info at https://appcoins.io/faq. And interesting: "Aptoide PTE is the legal entity responsible for issuing the tokens"

What do you think?

BTW I haven't bought in yet - have run out of nuggets to invest. Just been following the price.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
        Gonna have to have a chat about FX...fancied getting into that about 10 years ago. Never did though
        Approach carefully .. FX Brokers are lying in wait to take all your money !
        'ave a gander at this from Anton Kreil, straight talking ex Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, and J.P. Morgan Investment banker 'whizz kid'. He describes the "90/90/90 phenomenon" at 29:30 .. "90% of retail traders lose 90% of their deposited margin within 90% days"

N.B. Kreil apparently supports blockchain but HATES crypto currencies
        from @AntonKreil

"Price manipulation is the number one method in South Korea of making money out of Bitcoin & other Crypto. This as well as criminal money laundering is why theyre getting raided and why its getting banned."
        "Because they know 100% that "coin" value is BS, only has fictional value & is being used as a vehicle to scam the financially illiterate through a Utopian, Futuristic totally illogical narrative with price manipulation."
        "Blockchain has value. Bitcoin doesnt necessarily. Dont get sucked in to the narrative. Only real world applications of blockchain will prove valuable long term."
        "Bitcoin will be below $5,000 at the end of 2018 and will be below $2,000 by end of 2019 and below $500 by end of 2020.., Watch!"

Now I'd like to see him take a big short position on that last statement !

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
          Approach carefully .. FX Brokers are lying in wait to take all your money !
          'ave a gander at this from Anton Kreil, straight talking ex Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, and J.P. Morgan Investment banker 'whizz kid'. He describes the "90/90/90 phenomenon" at 29:30 .. "90% of retail traders lose 90% of their deposited margin within 90% days"

<snip>
          With all his money you'd think he'd get himself a better hairpiece.

Comment

cant stand that anron kreill, he thinks he is god yet all he tells us is stuff that every forex trader should already know, dont use a fricking market maker and use a stp/ecn broker like darwinex, not that im plugging them but do your own research and you will be glad.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              exactly!

Just look at that scale, it's insane.

FORCE (FOR) $0.103745 USD (40.75%) - watching this closely as well. If it goes like I think it might I'm really going to start bricking it..
              Out of interest which exchange did you use? I looks at coinsmarkets, which looked totally defective and easily the worst exchange i've seen. Couldn't work out stocks.exchange.

Cryptobridge looked to be the same as Bitshares and the best out the lot, another decentralised exchange. You go there?

Comment

Originally posted by finlay1888 View Post
                Out of interest which exchange did you use? I looks at coinsmarkets, which looked totally defective and easily the worst exchange i've seen. Couldn't work out stocks.exchange.

Cryptobridge looked to be the same as Bitshares and the best out the lot, another decentralised exchange. You go there?
                I used https://coinsmarkets.com and then took the coins off site. They've been having trouble ever since the demand picked up.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

BTC or ETH or both?

Thinking of dipping my toe in, and these are the only two I can buy trackers for in my SIPP.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    This is what https://www.palmbeachgroup.com is about, and perhaps why membership is so expensive. He travels around the world every other week, I'm watching his blog videos every other day from some random hotel room. He spends much time getting to know the team behind the project, their background and experience and so forth, comparing different or similar projects. Understanding growth potential etc.

The thing with Siacoin is development. The concept and product idea is great. The money is now available and so exists a well defined roadmap. People now expect the technology to be up and running. But the truth is it takes months to develop the code to make all these ideas come together. Siacoin was one my early trades, have been holding it for nearly a year now, not letting go!
                    What is your PnL so far per coin please?

Comment

Originally posted by Tonymustwearbriefs View Post
                      What is your PnL so far per coin please?
                      Scoots turned £10k into £1m.

'Nuff said.

P.S. Scoots can I have a BTC please.

Comment

Working...
                      X