• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The man who explains it like no one else is Andreas. Just watch some of his latest videos, that will educate them . https://www.youtube.com/user/aantonop

Andreas is like a god in the crypto - community.
    Last edited by ronkeen; 19 December 2017, 13:24.

Comment

Originally posted by ronkeen View Post
      The man who explains it like no one else is Andreas. Just watch some of his latest videos, that will educate them . https://www.youtube.com/user/aantonop

Sadly they don't want educating, they want to argue against it and make themselves feel better about missing out by not getting in earlier. They need to convince themselves that they are "right" to in passing it by and it hurts them to see other people doing well from it.

I've seen it countless times on FX trading forums, they convince themselves that 'all traders lose' because they lose. So if they can't trade successfully then it is not possible for anyone to and the game is rigged. I've seen these threads go on for hundreds and hundreds of pages. It's the same mindset we are dealing with here.

Except in this case they have the opportunity to get in now and have a chance at being very happy with that decision this time next year. But they choose to be clever whilst ignorant instead. There's no helping some people.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        There's a common thread among the people bashing crypto - they don't understand it or even know why it has such a huge uptake.

Calling it a pyramid scheme and asking what problems it solves are perfect examples.

Guys go and understand WTF it's all about if you want to discuss it seriously, it's not rocket science and doesn't take long and Youtube is your friend.

There is a trend of disgruntled old men bashing crypto without understanding it. It must be hard sitting on the sidelines watching it shoot up while your SIPP and ISA snail along, especially if you're regretting not getting in sooner now you think it's too rich for your blood.

Still that's not our problem.
        I have taken time to look at the block chain and understand how it works and also how miners are paid. I like your ideological list of why we needed it that's the closest I have heard to a coherent argument for it.

But the current belief seems to be but crypto because the price can only go up...
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by ronkeen View Post

At 6:45 he suggests that Bitcoin was invented by an alien being from the future.
          That must the guy who built the pyramids that Milan keeps dribbling about. It seems he does understand it after all......
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

It must be hard sitting on the sidelines watching it shoot up while your SIPP and ISA snail along, especially if you're regretting not getting in sooner now you think it's too rich for your blood.

Still that's not our problem.

Longs,

it's not about money, I am happy for you all to become as rich as me and hope you enjoy the journey and find your inner peace along the way

As has already been said, let's discuss this as adults and not resort to assuming anybody who questions the religion is jealously bashing it

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
              I have taken time to look at the block chain and understand how it works and also how miners are paid. I like your ideological list of why we needed it that's the closest I have heard to a coherent argument for it.

But the current belief seems to be but crypto because the price can only go up...
              It's a gold rush/Black Friday type hysteria at the moment, it should normalize in the next year or so. I have no doubt it will correct a lot but it's just doing what the stock market has done the last few years - just at an accelerated pace.

My approach is to accumulate a fairly diversified portfolio of the better coins that looking promising. BTC aside (which I see as more of a symbolic coin than a practical one now) there are some others (Stellar, Ripple, Dash) which are looking very good fundamentally.

You're right to look at the business model and ask what problems are solved. That is how to spot the coins that will survive and grow very big and discard the 'pump and dump' tulipcoins unless you are playing the pump & dump game to build your BTC/ETH/LTC holdings.
              Last edited by Jog On; 19 December 2017, 13:42.
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post

Yes that is the belief because it is analogue to the private fractional banking reserve system which .... only goes up (i.e inflation). It is not just software. It is a movement about democratizing money.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  Longs,

it's not about money, I am happy for you all to become as rich as me and hope you enjoy the journey and find your inner peace along the way

As has already been said, let's discuss this as adults and not resort to assuming anybody who questions the religion is jealously bashing it

Milan.
                  Questioning it is fine - from an informed position though. If you want to be taken seriously

Comment

It's a gold rush/Black Friday type hysteria at the moment, it should normalize in the next year or so. I have no doubt it will correct a lot but it's just doing what the stock market has done the last few years - just at an accelerated pace.

My approach is to accumulate a fairly diversified portfolio of the better coins that looking promising. BTC aside (which I see as more of a symbolic coin than a practical one now) there are some others (Stellar, Ripple, Dash) which are looking very good fundamentally.

You're right to look at the business model and ask what problems are solved. That is how to spot the coins that will survive and grow very big and discard the 'pump and dump' tulipcoins unless you are playing the pump & dump game to build your BTC/ETH/LTC holdings.
                    I agree, I will get involved when the technology is more mature to support the crypto. At the moment it looks little more than gambling and I have more fun on the football doing that!

I think we are at the friends reunited stage of crypto So will keep an eye on the underlying tech and pick a couple that have solid tech, provide a good service and adoption rate.
                    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Questioning it is fine - from an informed position though. If you want to be taken seriously
                      so many caveats,

a) I don't give a monkeees who on here takes me seriously, I have a rich life outside of ContractorUK virtual forum, so let's get over ourselves shall we

b) whomsoever wants to discuss any aspect of this subject on here will do so without rules being implied by the Longs

c) be careful in life when you would rather hear your own wisdom than somebody else's doubts

let's continue

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X