• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
    thanks
    currently at a Christmas performance at my daughter's school so temp stop loss on btc if it drops below 16150.
    after that it's back to xlm I think

From Satoshi Pay:

We are currently working very hard on making our product ready for a mainstream launch in December 2017. Apart from Stellar as our default ledger technology, more payment methods will be available for top-up, we will introduce a streamlined user interface and have exciting content partnerships to announce.
    But who?!!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      From Satoshi Pay:
      But who?!!
      Which markets are they trying to make good inroads with?
      We know it'll likely be XLM but in China isn't NEO the preferred option of the Chinese government?
      Surely they'll also want a privacy option so Zen?
      Is there a predominant coin in Russia, india and africa?
      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

BTC just blasted through $17200! WTF is going on?
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Which markets are they trying to make good inroads with?
          We know it'll likely be XLM but in China isn't NEO the preferred option of the Chinese government?
          Surely they'll also want a privacy option so Zen?
          Is there a predominant coin in Russia, india and africa?
          I think mona is popular in Japan for some reason... remember reading that when it shot up a few weeks ago.

Bitcoin can just **** right off though... why didn't I buy back in at 13k?

Comment

Originally posted by FrontEnder View Post
            I think mona is popular in Japan for some reason... remember reading that when it shot up a few weeks ago.

Bitcoin can just **** right off though... why didn't I buy back in at 13k?
            There will be lots of whys in the near future i think. I bought back in this morning at about 16k.
            Taken a bit of a risk and cashed out at 17300 ish...

It's moving so fast I have my chart on 1m candles

Comment

NXT looking strong right now

Comment

Originally posted by Agent View Post
                NXT looking strong right now
                think i'm going to hold for a while. Stellar must make a move...I command it to

Comment

Just been thinking about the price of some of these cryptos.
                  Items like Stellar and Ripple and inherently useful and have prices measured in the range of a few cents while other coins seem to have comparatively high values ($20+) but seem to have no reason for it.
                  Can anyone explain why alts like XLM and XRP and so low in value?

Comment

Items like Stellar and Ripple and inherently useful and have prices measured in the range of a few cents while other coins seem to have comparatively high values ($20+) but seem to have no reason for it.
                    Because there's lots of them:

Circulating supply - value
                    38,739,144,847 XRP - $0.268249
                    17,841,183,161 XLM - $0.139787

Compared to:

16,736,037 BTC - $17,044.10
                    54,267,358 LTC - $243.44
                    7,748,359 DASH - $775.58

Stellar and ripple are designed for high volume, fast transaction times, which take a lot of blocks to process. They're non-mineable too, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

Comment

Its to do with total coin supply.

Ripple has a large market cap but also a ridiculous amount of XRP tokens.

Price = cap / coin supply

Comment

Working...
                      X