• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
    is this all coming from palm beach?
    The hardcore Zencash miners and hodlers are not impressed with PBC - They are saying the PBC recommendation actually was the cause of the pump (and dump). That's nice work if you can get it - recommend something small enough to manipulate with yours and a bunch of subscribers money then create a self-fulfilling profecy..

I tried to sign up yesterday but there is no option, must have hit max subscribers.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      Bullseye. Trebles all round.
      certainly is...it's tanking
      Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        so... can you actually short any coins?
        Against BTC? Sure. Sometimes called right, sometimes painful mistake.

Against Dollars? Yes and no. BTC is not the only coin paired with some alt-coins. LTC, Zcash, Neo, Dash, Ripple - are a few examples and they usually do not follow BTC price drops.

For the others, I believe bittrex is introducing such a feature to trade directly with the dollar. But the market rates will not always be the best. Then again if you know BTC is going to loose $1k, then it's a sure bet.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          It is becoming riskier and riskier.. $9700 at the minute - When the US wakes up proper it'll likely take another dip. Then the Asian market will scope it up. Never changes. Then you get a lot of peeved off yanks on youtube going, woah totally din't see that coming.
          So the US has woken up...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Against BTC? Sure. Sometimes called right, sometimes painful mistake.

Against Dollars? Yes and no. BTC is not the only coin paired with some alt-coins. LTC, Zcash, Neo, Dash, Ripple - are a few examples and they usually do not follow BTC price drops.

For the others, I believe bittrex is introducing such a feature to trade directly with the dollar. But the market rates will not always be the best. Then again if you know BTC is going to loose $1k, then it's a sure bet.
            In my mind, it would be a simple spread betting or CFD broker that would allow me to short BTC or any other coin against the £ or $

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              In my mind, it would be a simple spread betting or CFD broker that would allow me to short BTC or any other coin against the £ or $
              You might be interested in Bitshares - it is a peer-to-peer exchange platform. Has a promising future. Can trade my bitshares against derivatives of many cryptos to USD dollars.

https://bitshares.org

Comment

You can short on poloniex.com with USD tether against a number of different coins.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  The hardcore Zencash miners and hodlers are not impressed with PBC - They are saying the PBC recommendation actually was the cause of the pump (and dump). That's nice work if you can get it - recommend something small enough to manipulate with yours and a bunch of subscribers money then create a self-fulfilling profecy..

I tried to sign up yesterday but there is no option, must have hit max subscribers.
                  Yeah he sent a video out the other week saying he was not taking on new subscribers (cause he made enough money already?!) until June next year. It was only meant to be a small private advisory, not just for crypto.

His monthly news letter does cause pumps. And actually it does not benefit all subscribers because they are sent out Eastern Time late evening when I'm well unconscious. So if I'm already holding the coin, bonus. If not then don't chase it.

Zencash miners are naffed because it now costs lots more to own and run a secure node. This is a false argument, as the value of the coins was only ever going to appreciate once it becomes clear end-to-end encrypted blockchain transactions are available and the miners themselves would benefit.

Comment

Couldn't help myself, bought some bitcoin cause LUN sats have fallen like a stone, near doubled my coinage on that one for the same amount of BTC. Well chuffed.

There's so many bargains out there. People jumping off alts like the world is ending.

Comment

Short Dash for the minute if you can... keep it in Dollars.

Comment

Working...
                      X