• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sithmas Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    Wot no Blade Runner?
    That is a very good shout. I bought myself the metal box DVD when it came out. Will celebrate by downloading the Blue Ray version and watch that instead

I might do Withnail and I too. You terrible ****.

Comment

Off to watch it on sun morn with mini STJ, my daughter is a bit young for it (6) so I'll look forward to the war that will ensue when we get back where my son winds her up about it for the rest of the day and she decides to go postal when she finds out

Comment

Do get the directors final cut, its what Ridley wanted (but not minus the 'narrative' the Exec's thought necessary because it was 'too difficult for the average customer to enjoy'. Also Harrison deliberately Hammed it up but it still got approved. doh!)

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
          I've never watched those! Will give them a try.
          Highlander - Score by Queen & pomposity by Sean I'm a tax exile Connery, very fine film, sequels a bit dicey.

Highlander (1986) - Soundtracks - IMDb

Die Hard - how can you not of seen those?

Best game is to identify which poster each Character reminds you of.

NLYUK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vewBQkBKm5M
          Last edited by vetran; 15 December 2016, 16:25.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Highlander I haven't done. Die Hard I have, but not for a long time, definitely worth a revisit!

Comment

Highlander I haven't done. Die Hard I have, but not for a long time, definitely worth a revisit!
              turn on the Home theatre amp for Highlander, if you are vaguely a queen fan its worth it, they seem to have helped

It could of had a naff soundtrack!

The British rock band Marillion turned down the chance to record the soundtrack because they were on a world tour, a missed opportunity which guitarist Steve Rothery later said he regretted.[14] The band's Scottish lead singer, Fish, had also accepted a part in the film but pulled out because of the scheduling conflict.[15] The eventual soundtrack includes several songs by Queen, such as "A Kind of Magic" and "Princes of the Universe" (the latter also being used for the Highlander television series title sequence).[16] Queen wrote many of the songs specifically to match the mood of the scenes when the songs play, notably Brian May's "Who Wants to Live Forever", concerning the doomed love of Connor and his wife Heather.

Comment

Die Hard - the one and only Christmas action movie!
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Die Hard - the one and only Christmas action movie!
                  Yippie kayyee etc

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                    Yippie kayyee etc
                    KUATB

Comment

Saw it today - didn't rate it particularly highly. 6/10, which is probably the lowest I've given any Star Wars film apart from TPM.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X