• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trumped?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    I didn't say they were.

My point was, in US politics everything is driven by money. If you haven't got an awful lot of it, then don't bother. The recount is costing several million Dollars regardless of who funded it.
    Thats unfair, any billionaire can be president, the american dream + democracy in action!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
      Thats unfair, any billionaire can be president, the american dream + democracy in action!
      Indeed. The American dream is that you can become a billionaire and then become President.

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
        Indeed. The American dream is that you can become a billionaire and then become President.
        In that order. The challenging part is choosing the appropriate parents. When Donald began to build his property empire, daddy Fred Trump was one of the wealthiest people in America, due largely to the work of Fred's mother Elizabeth, and his pimp Grandaddy Trump (originally 'Drumpf').

I wonder what the American Nightmare looks like?
        My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Trump claims millions voted illegally in presidential poll - BBC News

Maybe he was watching Lewis Hamilton.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            In the true spirit of modern democracy, if you don't get the result you wanted just scream and shout and hold your breath until someone changes the result. Or not.

If things were untoward or a result was very close, it should be investigated and/or recounted precisely to ensure democracy is observed. It's the paying millions to do it part which is a bit weird... although as pointed out both sides are rich enough to do this if they genuinely perceive a problem. That Clinton didn't instigate this suggests it's a bit of a non-event.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              If things were untoward or a result was very close, it should be investigated and/or recounted precisely to ensure democracy is observed. It's the paying millions to do it part which is a bit weird... although as pointed out both sides are rich enough to do this if they genuinely perceive a problem. That Clinton didn't instigate this suggests that it was the Democrats that were cheating.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

They cunningly cheated so she won most of the states they expected her to win and lost a few they were worried about?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Trump meeting with some State representatives:

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I'd laugh if the re-counts resulted in an increase in the votes for Trump.

Comment

Working...
                    X