• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Subsistence

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's true you can claim up to £24 for lunch....

without a receipt....read on

Prosperity4 - From their FAQs

Q. I've heard that, through Prosperity4, I needn't present receipts for expenses such as food. Is this true; and is it legal?

A. Yes, it's true - and all above board thanks to our expenses policy approved by HM Revenue & Customs. If you spend up to £24 a day on food, you can claim back the tax without having to present receipts. This means your lunch is effectively free twice a week.

HOWEVER, PLEASE NOTE THE CATCH WORDS "IF YOU SPEND"

A lot of people seem to read this as "I can take a packed lunch to work each day and claim £24 per day"

Remember even if the umbrella company doesn't want to see the receipt the Inland Revenue might want to see your records one day and if you don't have them, there maybe trouble ahead........
    Last edited by Robot; 29 October 2006, 08:18.

Comment

"Stop winding the boys up, no-one is ever going to believe someone could be so stupid as to believe that, even you..." - Young Neo is!!!! Tried telling him, but he reckons they are right.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Robot
        Q. I've heard that, through Prosperity4, I needn't present receipts to Prosperity4 for expenses such as food. Is this true; and is it legal?

A. Yes, it's true - and all above board thanks to our expenses policy approved by HM Revenue & Customs. If you spend up to £24 a day on food, you can claim back the tax without having to present receipts to Prosperity4. This means your lunch is effectively (but not actually) free twice a week.
        Well done, Robot. A little emphasis and addition helps clear up the ambiguous wording that umbrellas use to prey upon greedy and stupid contractors. The umbrella don't give a tulip if you misunderstand what they're saying, after all, it's the contractor that gets the tax bill plus interest and penalties, not them.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
          "Stop winding the boys up, no-one is ever going to believe someone could be so stupid as to believe that, even you..." - Young Neo is!!!! Tried telling him, but he reckons they are right.
          Best call the confidential "shop a cheat" line on 0800 59 5000 and drop him in it then. It's thieves like him that push up taxes for the rest of us

Comment

But he's a new contractor Lucifer. Made the jump 18 months ago. He believes them. He believes agents. Of course the role fell through because they had changed their minds and not because that other bloke from Romania you saw in reception was half your rate.

Fairs fair Lucifer.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

He'll Believe Anything

He sounds like just the sort of person who should be introduced to Chico.

Comment

Rumour has it Chico has renounced faith and joined strip club called "Blue Oyster" to live it up while he is still young.

Comment

Working...
                X