• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Berlin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well, that's more nice hairy Germans for me

Comment

Barlin always takes my breath away.....

...well Terri Nunn does anyway
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

I think I found the street which was mentioned a bit back, completely by acident - honest! I took a walk from my hotel to go to get something to eat. I found a McD and then saw a road full or restraunts and bars. While walking down the road I noticed a couple of girls stood in the road - then this woman came up to me and started spouting something in german. Being a bit thick I assumed she was trying to lure people into a bar or restraunt - Oh not a bit of it - she was trying to lure me into her!

"Oh you are english. Would you like to get a room together......"

At which point I made my excuses and left. Extra bonus points with the wife on that one!

The thing which suprised me was how good looking they were. None of the drugged up slappers who frequent some of the seedier streets in the UK. I should have asked her how much it cost to help stir that particular porridge pot

Then when I got back to my hotel there were two women in the bar who were obviously on the game. Sat drinking water and talking to all the blokes who came in. They were old and nowhere near as good looking as the bints on the street though!
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
        X