• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

justice?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100
    Doesn't matter. You will be grateful for a six figure sum in 30 years, because like most people you won't have saved enough to retire on.

Especially as you've reached 30 with just 30K to your name, and you still have the family-and-kids thing to go through. That's an expensive, 25-year sentence.

Of course, it won't matter if your tape-changing business takes off...
    not having kids. decided that last weekend, when my parents revealed that they gave my sis a nice lump sum of 10k for a new house.

they can go f8eck em selves. kids should come along cause you want them not because u feel pressured to have them because of your age, or parents.

Comment

what a splendid reply el duder, you're learning at the ripe old age of 30

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
        not having kids. decided that last weekend
        To spite your parents? Kids are pretty cool things to leave behind when you die. There isn't much else, except your incontinence pants, false teeth and cardigan.

Unless your kids are like xog's of course, or your tape-changing business becomes the new Microsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          To spite your parents? Kids are pretty cool things to leave behind when you die. There isn't much else, except your incontinence pants, false teeth and cardigan.

Unless your kids are like xog's of course, or your tape-changing business becomes the new Microsoft.
          i think kids are fun and exciting times when they are young, i.e between the ages of 5 - 12

after that its just farking hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Dalek
            In that case phone the tax evasion hotline on 0800 788 887 and drop her in it. That is more than the allowable gifts limit.
            Not on this planet it isn't. You can give anybody as much as you like under any circumstances. At best it's an outirght gift, at worst a potentially exempt transfer. All this means is that if the donor croaks within 7 years then it is still part of the estate and trhe estate (i.e. the donor) may be liable to IHT on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Dalek
              In that case phone the tax evasion hotline on 0800 788 887 and drop her in it. That is more than the allowable gifts limit.

Better idea ! Drop CPirate in it !

Comment

Working...
              X