• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finding a resource

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding a resource

First off - I am not an agent ! But, I may need to find a resource for a role ...

I'm doing some work for a small consultancy Ltd that's providing services to a large financial based in the wharf. We may need to ramp up work effort to get the work done faster, so could be in the market for another body.

What's the best way to find someone ? Post on here when I get further details? I've not seen many job opportunities here so not sure it's the right place, but maybe we'll strike it lucky. Job boards (never posted a role), engage an agent (complicates things, but maybe a necessary evil) ? Try contractor club (I'm not a member).

We're probably looking for someone with reasonable coding skills. It's not an exciting gig - parsing shed loads of spread sheets and munging the data, ready to import into another system. Benefits may be that if there's no agent involved, then the contract should be simple to sort out. And it's a good opportunity to get a financial on a CV.

Any ideas on the going rate for this type of gig ? It'll probably be around 6 months.

Try contractor club.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Try contractor club.
      WES ^^

Exactly the sort of thing the Contractor Club is aiming at, I would say.
      latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
        WES ^^

It is. Exactly

Hi Spoiler - If I'm not too late, drop me a mail at [email protected] and I'll send you a mobile number.

The Club has been set up so that contractors like you who try to help others get "agency free" contracts benefit from doing so (getting half the commission). The cleanest way to do it is if you join the Club and post the contract yourself. But drop me a note - if you're in a rush we can post it for you, mail matching members etc etc

Regards
        Rob (founder)

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
          WES ^^

+1 to Contractor Club. I would certainly keep agents out of it if all possible!

Comment

Working...
          X