• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Temporary workers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temporary workers

Hi

I've been contracting now for fourteen years, currently operating directly to a client so no agencies involved. I operate through my own limited company. I have the opportunity for some more work for a different client, but again direct, no agency, but do not have time to do it myself. However a friend of mine is free and more than capable of completing the contract. She does not have a limited company and tends to contract part time through umbrella companies. I am considering taking on the work through my company and getting her to do the work. What are the pros and cons? Will it help my IR35 status to have farmed work out to another worker? Do I have to take them on as an employee or can I just sub-contract the work to them? How much should I cream off the top? I guess I'd also need to check my professional indemnity insurance to make sure it covers other workers? Anything else?

Any advice greatfully received.
    Mike

Working...
X