• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grrr...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grrr...

Chucked in my permie job a couple of months ago with the intention of doing some Java contracting in the Leeds/Manchester area but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot going on up here. Can someone either inform me that there is a lot going on and I just haven't got my antentae pointed in the right direction, or that it is in fact rather quiet at the moment and I should go back to watching my fantastic new Green Wing DVDs...

p.s. reading this bulletin board has made me laugh out loud and almost cry with despair, please keep it up!! :-)

Originally posted by blackbird
    p.s. reading this bulletin board has made me laugh out loud and almost cry with despair, please keep it up!! :-)
    oh god please don't encourage them!

sorry can't really help with the contracting scene up north, but good luck!!
    "Well behaved women rarely make history"

Comment

You are in luck, I am so pissed off with idiots that I am not going to have a real go at you today.

Go to the front page of CUK and you will see a button marked Contract Search.
      Click it.
      enter JAVA in the keywords box and Manchester in the locations box.
      If you leave the default at 2 days it will return 6 jobs, you could try setting it to a week.

Then you might like to try jobserve, jobsite or any of the other online job search engines that are available.

Twat,.......mutter mutter.....how do these people expect to survive as contractors.....mutter.....bah..........humbug.... ......
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

heh heh, thanks for that Lone Gunman, sorry you're surrounded by idiots.. I didn't mean 'tell me how to get a job in the Leeds/Manchester area', but was merely enquiring into others' experiences of looking for Java contracts in that area at the moment...

Comment

Working...
        X