• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interviews

When you go for interviews do you get feedback? In the past I have had interviews and never heard anything back from the agent. Obviously I wasn't offered the contract but still, would have been nice to be informed of the decision. I know not to expect a response from every agent for every application made, but interviews should be different, no?

I am thinking this is common practice as current agent is ignoring me when I have called to ask for feedback.

I think it's bl00dy rude frankly.

Originally posted by inferno View Post
    When you go for interviews do you get feedback? In the past I have had interviews and never heard anything back from the agent. Obviously I wasn't offered the contract but still, would have been nice to be informed of the decision. I know not to expect a response from every agent for every application made, but interviews should be different, no?

I am thinking this is common practice as current agent is ignoring me when I have called to ask for feedback.

There's your feedback right there - the client didn't want you.

It would be nice (and professional) for the agent to provide feedback but it doesn't always happen.

All part of being a contractor so need to learn to live with it (it's nothing personal) and move on to finding the next opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      All part of being a contractor so need to learn to live with it (it's nothing personal) and move on to finding the next opportunity.
      It also happens in the permanent world now - job applicants don't get feedback from applications or interviews from companies.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        It also happens in the permanent world now - job applicants don't get feedback from applications or interviews from companies.
        And in this increasingly litigious world, hardly surprising really...
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by inferno View Post

I'd agree especially as you have had an interview.

In my experience, agents have contacted me to tell me one way or the other if I've got the job. In the last 5 years though, I havent had an unsuccessful interview so the agent has always got back to me.

Prior to that, if I was unsuccessful, agents have given feedback.

Virtually all agents wont contact you after the application stage if the account manager or client doesnt want to consider you.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
          X