• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview Feedback

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview Feedback

I had an interview for a contract role earlier this week, for which the client co had advised they were looking to make a quick decision by end of thursday with a view to starting asap.

So Thursday comes and goes, nothing. I did check with the agency on Thursday am and they said they were expecting to hear that day. Chased again on Fri am and was told the agent would ring back. I emailed and left a voicemail for him asking for an update. I then found out he was at client meetings on Fri afternoon.

So I do not know if my interview has been successful or not. The mind starts playing games - maybe the agent hasn't heard back and so has not returned my call, maybe the role has been given to someone else and so has not returned my call, maybe he is are busy at client meetings and have simply not had the chance to chase/update ? etc etc.

Either way I do not have a good feeling about this, especially from past experience with agents but will wait until Monday when hopefully I will get a positive update...

Im not sure that you will get any feed back on Monday if any at all. You either get a positive or negative responce either the same day or the next day. I'm still waiting to hear about an interview i went to, the interview seemed keen to for me to start, then before i left said he just had to confirm with his manager about costs, Im still waiting to hera on this one.

Hope you get the job on Monday though

Comment

WTOSH1S

The agent would have been all over the client and if there had been good news you would have heard.
      Agents nearly always say the client will make a quick decision and (shock horror) that may not always be the truth.
      Another possibility is that they are keeping you in reserve in case their first choice turns it down.

For the sake of your sanity, I would assume you haven't got it, and press on with finding something else. It may still come good, but I really wouldn't hang about.

All the best!
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Thanks guys. Yes am basing on the fact that this will come to nothing, but still want to speak to the agent next week to tell him what an incompetent idiot he is...

Comment

When you get builders / decorators / removals people to come round and give quotes, do you 'phone all the unsuccessful ones, or just the one you want to do the job?
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            When you get builders / decorators / removals people to come round and give quotes, do you 'phone all the unsuccessful ones, or just the one you want to do the job?
            Different scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
              Different scenario.
              How?

You're a jobbing IT bod and attended a business meeting to sell your services, as did a bunch of others. You specified your rate and said what you'd do or how you would do it.

How is that different from Billy the Brick coming round and giving you a quote for a conservatory because the Missus wants one built?
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

How?

You're a jobbing IT bod and attended a business meeting to sell your services, as did a bunch of others. You specified your rate and said what you'd do or how you would do it.

How is that different from Billy the Brick coming round and giving you a quote for a conservatory because the Missus wants one built?
                YEP!

I don't even bother ringing the agent post interview - they only want to know what questions were asked so they can prime another candidate.

If they want me - I can't get rid of 'em.

Tone

Comment

How?

If I apply for a role and am not progressed for interview, then fair enough I do not expect to hear back from the agent. However, if I apply for a role, am offered an interview and then go to the interview, I then expect the agent to provide feedback regardless of whether successful or not. This should be part of the service the agent is providing.

I am not saying in this instance this is what has happened, only that it looks like a no go and I want to discuss with the agent, hopefully on Monday if I can get hold of him.

Appreciate the steer you are trying to provide, I trust the above clarifies the point I am trying to make.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                    If I apply for a role and am not progressed for interview, then fair enough I do not expect to hear back from the agent. However, if I apply for a role, am offered an interview and then go to the interview, I then expect the agent to provide feedback regardless of whether successful or not. This should be part of the service the agent is providing.

I am not saying in this instance this is what has happened, only that it looks like a no go and I want to discuss with the agent, hopefully on Monday if I can get hold of him.

Appreciate the steer you are trying to provide, I trust the above clarifies the point I am trying to make.
                    I've had cases where I have gone through to final interview for senior perm roles and still not got (or chased) feedback. Poor form (and stupid since I'm a potential client to a recruiter) but there you go. My policy is to never chase feedback - if you're still in the game the agent will be all over you like a rash.

Comment

Working...
                    X