• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BPSS Reference Issue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BPSS Reference Issue

Hi Guys,

I am going through my BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) reference check. Infact client's vetting team sent a Two page word document & asked my references to fill, sign & post by snail mail. Couple of them refusing to sign and send document saying they are not authorised to sign/confirm behalf of my ex-employer as they are not part of HR team. They are OK to answer any questions from vetting team over phone, but not happy to take pain of doing it the hard way.

How can I solve this..??

Options I think are..
    1. Ask them to reply vetting contact saying call them over phone to get any info.
    2. Ask them to fill and sent word document back saying, no time to sign & post it.
    3. Give new set of references..(who might again do the same..!)

Regards

Sent you a PM. Until I sort out an issue I can't make it public.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What kind of info do they need? If they are just after proof of you doing what you said you did then can you not just put your agent as the reference. They don't need to know what kind of person you are and how you acted on the contract do they? Putting your agent is acceptable for CRB checks as they just make sure you were indeed working and not on holiday in Afgan/Pakistan or being pleasured at her majestys pleasure or something like that?

In the old days when I thought I needed refs from past clients they all stone walled me as well so don't ask now. Don't know a client that would even entertain a reference for a contractor thinking about it.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

When I had BPSS screening I gave the agency details as the BPSS referees. They (agencies) all comply as they all get asked in turn to do this.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
        X