• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immediate start..?!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immediate start..?!

Been offered a role today, basically to start tomorrow.

I have another interview tomorrow so told them earliest start was thursday as I would see the outcome of tomorrows...

What should I do re: seeing contract etc... as a few hours tomorrow isn't really enough time to go through it... is it?

Plus I've got to be rushed through all sorts of 'compliance' checks..?!

Get the contract. Read it yourself and see if there is anything glaring. Send it off for review. Tell the agent that you have sent it for review, and are reserving the right to make changes if the review is unsuccessful.

Pay the reviewer to do it quickly.
    If you have to add a , it isn't funny. HTH. LOL.

Comment

... In the meantime an email has arrived from the agency - Hays.

Done a quick search and it seems like hays aren't very well respected....

Can anyone describe to me... In a nutshell.... The issues with the standard contract which hays issue? It says in the email that nothing can be changed in it.

Am I forced to just concede defeat, take the contract as is, and start on thursday?

I don't really want to lose a contract in the current climate - no matter how bad it is ha ha... At the end of the day its money coming in. But I also don't want take an awful contract without trying...

Comment

Originally posted by peterc2609 View Post
        ... In the meantime an email has arrived from the agency - Hays.

Done a quick search and it seems like hays aren't very well respected....

Can anyone describe to me... In a nutshell.... The issues with the standard contract which hays issue? It says in the email that nothing can be changed in it.

Am I forced to just concede defeat, take the contract as is, and start on thursday?

I don't really want to lose a contract in the current climate - no matter how bad it is ha ha... At the end of the day its money coming in. But I also don't want take an awful contract without trying...
        for ir35, send it to these people http://www.bauerandcottrell.co.uk/ .. very helpful and fantastic customer service ... for a small extra fee, they talk with your agency to push the changes through ... with hays, I am sure they would have done it so many times, that it will be a piece of cake ...

good luck

Comment

Working...
        X