• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview presentation...!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview presentation...!!

As part of my interview process I have to provide a 5 minute presentation on my experience..! I never done an interview presentation. Any one here have prior experience in interview presentation..?

Should I take laptop for this interview or just get presentation on a memory stick..???

Any tips on interview presentation..?? Thanks in advance..

If you are going to use powerpoint then come with your own laptop just in case.

And then to be more anal come with it on a memory stick.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
      As part of my interview process I have to provide a 5 minute presentation on my experience..! I never done an interview presentation. Any one here have prior experience in interview presentation..?

Should I take laptop for this interview or just get presentation on a memory stick..???

Any tips on interview presentation..?? Thanks in advance..
      Both, plus paper as backup...

5 minutes - 3 slides max

Don't read the slides out, talk around any points, focus on the positives.

Practice beforehand

Good luck!

Comment

Oh dear

They mustn't have liked Mitch's effort.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...wednesday.html

Comment

Originally posted by tenpin View Post
          Both, plus paper as backup...
          5 minutes - 3 slides max
          Don't read the slides out, talk around any points, focus on the positives.
          Practice beforehand
          Good luck!
          [QUOTE=SueEllen
          If you are going to use powerpoint then come with your own laptop just in case.
          And then to be more anal come with it on a memory stick.
          [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input..
          I am not sure they expect oral or visual presentation..I assumed its visual, so I have to get confirmed on that...My plan is to make a 5 slide PPT pesentation & given them print outs prior to presentation for reference..Have to google and get more ideas as well..

Comment

Thanks for the input..
            I am not sure they expect oral or visual presentation..I assumed its visual, so I have to get confirmed on that...My plan is to make a 5 slide PPT pesentation & given them print outs prior to presentation for reference..Have to google and get more ideas as well..
            Emm, good luck with that. A 5 minute presentation, what a waste of time

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
              It's like an episode of "just a minute"

No hesitation, repetition or deviation allowed.

Comment

When I was at Oracle, I had to prepare a 15 minute presentation on why they should promote me, followed by 15 minutes Q&A, to two different managers who hadn't managed me before.

So I could get a 0% pay rise and they could bill me out at £500 a day more.

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
                WHS - what on Earth can you accomplish in a 5 minute presentation?? Tell them to shove it.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Thanks for the input..
                  I'd also ask - at what point in the interview process is this going to be? Are you going to end up using up your 5 minutes introducing yourself to them, or is this instead of the usual going through the CV?

Be prepared to deal skilfully with any interruptions - I would interrupt if I were interviewing, and then complain that you were running late if it over-ran. but then, I'm a ****.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    I'd also ask - at what point in the interview process is this going to be? Are you going to end up using up your 5 minutes introducing yourself to them, or is this instead of the usual going through the CV?

Be prepared to deal skilfully with any interruptions - I would interrupt if I were interviewing, and then complain that you were running late if it over-ran. but then, I'm a ****.
                    This is the first time I am there..its a senior role. haven't said they expect a visual presentation or just an expanded "a tell me about your self" orally..I am going to ask that..

Comment

Working...
                    X