• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Norfolk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norfolk

TFI Friday !

Morning Membership,

Does anybody have experience of the contract market in Norfolk (specifically Norwich) ?

Originally posted by weemster View Post
    TFI Friday !

Morning Membership,

Does anybody have experience of the contract market in Norfolk (specifically Norwich) ?
    ONly contract jobs I've ever seen or heard of have been with NU. Other than that Norwich is in the arse end of nowhere.

To the tune of the Munsters :

Your sister is your mother,
    Your father is your brother,
    They all love one another,
    The Norwich Family.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

AVOID - It's not safe.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Can't be a bad place to live can it ?........sailing, country pubs, relaxed lifestyle.......the odd contract when it comes along

Comment

Norwich is a great place to live. NU is an interesting company - they regularly shed thousands of permie jobs as well as a regular contractor culls. I know of people who have been the victims of the culls and have had their contracts terminated on the Friday only to receive calls on the Monday to come back.

Remember the golden rule: there are only two big employers in Norfolk - NU and Bernard Matthews. If you lose your NU gig you have to look outside of Norfolk - unless plucking turkeys is something you enjoy.

Comment

& Chance.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

If you lived somewhere like Thetford then you are about an hour from
              Norwich
              Colchester
              Ipswich
              Kings Lynn
              Cambridge

Which gives you the inbreeding of Norfolk combined with a few different places to find work.
              Last edited by Spacecadet; 30 October 2009, 12:53.
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Naaarwich View Post
                unless **ucking turkeys is something you enjoy.
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Working...
                X