• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Java / midlands / contractors needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Java / midlands / contractors needed

All

I need to help a client place a couple of very long term contractors with skillsets containing most of the following (I didn't write this and am not a Java person, so apologies in advance if any of this doesn't make sense).

Also: I am not an agent !

Java 1.5 and above (J2EE and J2SE)
    SQL Server / Oracle / some other RDBMS
    Struts
    JSP
    Servlets
    Apache Tomcat
    JSTL
    JCAPS
    EJB’s
    Eclipse
    Netbeans
    Ideally JUnit, Apache Ant, CruiseControl.

Knowledge of insurance good but not essential.

Decent daily rate. (300ish)

Midlands.

If anyone is interested please PM Me.

Thanks
    Jim
    Last edited by jim2406; 16 June 2009, 17:57.

No replies!

So much for developers being benched

Comment

You need anything driving anywhere

We're all truckers on here you know.

Comment

The client would have told you their budget so, you know the margins that you can work under.

Yet you still fail to offer a rate. Pony up the rate and may be you will get some replies.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

In the region of 300 a day.

Comment

Originally posted by jim2406 View Post
            10 years of the above (no, really.) But the rate's too low (I'm not Indian.) Up the rate and I might send you a CV. Also, might be better if you let folks know where it is, the "Midlands" is a bit broad.

Cheers,

Nomadd

Ps. I assume I can't PM you or anything as even after 3 weeks of posting the stupid set-up of this forum still requires all my posts to be "verified by and Admin." So I doubt anything else works! Stupid, stupid configuration, IMHO.

<admin note>This stupid set up makes my job a lot easier so got to stick with it I'm afraid. The system upgrades you after 5 sensible(ish) posts. You are now a fully paid up member of CUK and can PM / post without moderation.</admin note>
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by jim2406 View Post
              Plenty cheapness, much quickness.

I heard northern developers wouldn't get out of bed for less than £400 a day.
              Cats are evil.

Comment

Hi Jim, I'm one of those seedy lurkers so can't PM you, although now I've bothered to sign I'll be able to share my valuable opinions with everyone else...

My contact details should be in my profile though.

Cheers,
                Dave

<admin note>Have upgraded your account so you can PM and post without moderation. be good now...</admin note>

Comment

Hiya

PM Sent

Comment

£300 ain't bad for grunt work development, if that's what is involved?

Are you actually going to be the middle-man here i.e is payment going through you with a cut being taken (which is fine of course), or are you just doing your company a favour to save them messing with agencies?

BTW, any possibility of remote working?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X