• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Middle eastern Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Middle eastern Question

Morning,, inspired by the "Anyone ever worked in Saudi?" post, what about the other countries in that Region? Forgetting Iran / Iraq / Kuwaiti

1) Qatar
    2) UAE
    3) Oman
    4) Bahrain

Originally posted by aceboy View Post
    Morning,, inspired by the "Anyone ever worked in Saudi?" post, what about the other countries in that Region? Forgetting Iran / Iraq / Kuwaiti

1) Qatar
    2) UAE
    3) Oman
    4) Bahrain
    Qatar is nice and safe, could become a tad boring. And rent is expensive. But income is tax free.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I'd go to any of those, no bother. But I'd want the client to pay accommodation as it is hugely, mind bendingly expensive. Oman probably not as expensive, yet.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

im in Kuwait right now, much better than I expected, but I dont think I could last long in an Arab state... no booooooooze!!!!

TM

Comment

Interesting. Personally I would consider Bahrain, but that is because I have a mate out there, and have visited a few times...

Comment

I've worked in Dubai (great retail opportunities but it's an astonishing place - opulence in the middle of just ... nothingness). Transited through Bahrain a few times with Gulf Air but never stopped there. Worked in Kuwait, Saudi and was briefly in Iraq in a previous life...

Comment

Working...
            X