• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

@#%$ Payment method

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@#%$ Payment method

Ever since the Agent I am going through for my existing contract was taken over by a company called Microgen I have been paid via a Cheque in the post rather than BACS. The reasoning given for this is that they haven't had the time to install the new payment software to allow my company bank account to receive the money directly even though this has been going on for over 10 months.

I know that I can't really do anything aside from giving notice on my contract and finding a new role but I thought I'd raise this on the forum and see if any other people have similar issues with their agencies.

Is it just that the payment method is inconvenient (tough luck), or is it late?

If the payment is not arriving on time then charge interest that will focus their minds.

Also if its in breach of the contract have a chat with their accounts dept and point out that any handcuff clause is null and void now.

www.payontime.com

Comment

Is this an "issue"?

What's the problem with being paid by cheque?

Comment

Working...
      X