• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Awe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awe?

Saw a role with AWE, apparently they have loads of contractors on site.

Anyone been there, what's it like?

Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
    Saw a role with AWE, apparently they have loads of contractors on site.

Anyone been there, what's it like?
    Armed and dangerous. . Never worked there myself, but it's a site that has a lot of protestors hanging around outside.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Its not that bad, I used to live near there and the most protesters I ever saw were a few hippies who still thought it was the 70's waving rainbow banners.

I've never worked there, but know a few who have, they never talked about what they did but i've not heard anything bad about the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
        Its not that bad, I used to live near there and the most protesters I ever saw were a few hippies who still thought it was the 70's waving rainbow banners.

I've never worked there, but know a few who have, they never talked about what they did but i've not heard anything bad about the place.
        I lived in Tadley, just down the road from AWE. Much joy was had beeping the horn as we passed the lesbians' tents during the early hours of the morning.

Managed to father 2 children whilst there. Apart from the 2 heads and 3 fingers, there seems to have been no lasting problems.
        Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Some odd looking buggers in the Sainsburys in Tadley though.

Comment

I worked there a couple of years ago. Lots of contractors, pretty relaxed working atmosphere actually. Once you're in as a contractor really you can seem to stay forever - lots had been there 4 years +. Breakfast in the restaurant is pretty nice - can get a full cooked english.

Comment

Working...
            X