• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Information

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC Information

I have been asked for:
    1. Reference number of my SC Clearance
    2. Who issued it
    3. When it expires

- I got it when I was a permie through a consultancy but I don't know who 'issued' it as such
    - I don't know what the ref number is
    - I can't confirm when it expires

Where can I get this info from?

P

Could this be a first point of contact http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/Ab...elligence/DVA/ Geoff .

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
      I have been asked for:
      2. Who issued it
      3. When it expires

- I got it when I was a permie through a consultancy but I don't know who 'issued' it as such

P
      How long ago.

If its over a year (afaik) then its expired and you'll have to be revetted.

Alternatively just ask the old consultancy for your number.

Comment

I have been asked for:
        2. Who issued it
        3. When it expires

P
        1. The DVA should have sent you a letter marked personal it would have a reference number
        2. Unless your clearance was done years ago it would be the Defence Vetting Agency
        3. Clearances are issued with different durations. As Sockpuppet mentioned if you've not worked for a List X Company or Government department that needed SC in the last 12 months then it will be lapsed and the Clearance will have to be done again.

Comment

I was told last year that you should never know your SC reference number.

I don't know mine - I have a letter from the consultancy that put me through to confirm it, though.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

You don't get anything these days. All I got was an email confirming the clearance and apparently valid until 2018!!!

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
              You don't get anything these days. All I got was an email confirming the clearance and apparently valid until 2018!!!
              If you work in a cleared environment continuously, that is.

If you don't for 12 months, then it goes away and you start all over again.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                I was told last year that you should never know your SC reference number.

I don't know mine - I have a letter from the consultancy that put me through to confirm it, though.
                Same here, I guess you have to get the HR depts to talk to each other in which case they are bound to **** everything up somehow. Your next gig is in the hands of imbeciles reading Hello magazine.

Comment

I have been asked for:
                  2. Who issued it
                  3. When it expires

P
                  Tell the requester the following:

1. That you don't know what the Reference number is and are not privvy to it.

2. Tell them who the last company who held your clearance rather than who issued it.

3. Advise them that you are unsure when it expires and that the last company would have that information.

However, you could ask the last place who held your SC for the above details and they provide it once they have confirmed your identity.

HTH.
                  If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Thanks all for the responses.

I know it is still valid because I needed it at my last place of work (end of Sept 08).

Funny thing; Why would the agent ask when it expires? If for example the role is for 12 months, but my SC expires in 6 months, could that influence whether or not I get the gig?

Comment

Working...
                    X