• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FDM - Experience

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FDM - Experience

Has anybody got any feedback about an agency called FDM Group Plc?
    I have a contract through them and want to check they are prompt payers etc... before signing.
    Anybody know their typical markup?

FDM - Experience

I had to threaten court action to get my money of these. I think it was more of a local issue rather than the company as a whole.

The office I dealt with was Reading about a year ago. The contract was for 6 months but the client only ever wanted me for 1 month and were amazed when I told them I thought I was there for 6 as this was how FDM advertised/signed it. FDM gave notice after 2 weeks as expected.

If I knew the contract was for only 1 month I would have taken another offer - so the agent blaired me on this one.

Comment

On the markup issue I casually ask the agent what percentage they are on and nearly every agent will say they are on 'a low margin' or state a figure thats OK. Once you've got the verbal figure ask them to email you confirming the margin stated or that their margin is 20% or less. I have found OK agents have done this without moaning, if they won't you know they are ripping you off. I've actually managed to up my percentage twice using this route, once after I'd actually started a contract and discovered they'd lied. It also depends if you are prepared to walk away from the contract !

Comment

Worked for them for 3 years. Always paid the money on time. Good company.

I'm actually thinking of going back with them again but this time as freelance. I sent them a copy of my CV today.

Spooky!:x

Comment

Hi
          Im thinking of becoming a mountie. They teach you either java or c# and then you have to work for them for two years. Has anyone else completed or is currently doing this at the moment? If yes, how is it??? Do you have to travel a lot?? Also, how much do they pay??

Comment

FDM.....memories of 2001. Funny when the contractor market gets tough the mails on FDM start increasing. Basically FDM is big in the IT slave trade.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by james19 View Post
              Hi
              Im thinking of becoming a mountie.
              What the heck are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                What the heck are you talking about?
                http://www.fdmgroup.com/services/itconsultants.html

Personally, I wouldn't get someone else to touch it with a bargepole. Sounds awful.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

flippin' heck are they still around?

I've never heard of anyone coming out of that setup with a smile on their face and a 'that was worthwhile!' on their lips...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

My current gig is through FDM, and so far have not had any issues

Comment

Working...
                    X