• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV question

A quick question if I may...

My CV is obviously personal to me, should I be mentioning my Ltd Co on it? Currently I dont, I just have my personal detail and the contract assignments Ive undertaken. No mention of my Ltd though.

How do you arrange yours in terms of this?

Originally posted by marcus2704 View Post
    A quick question if I may...

My CV is obviously personal to me, should I be mentioning my Ltd Co on it? Currently I dont, I just have my personal detail and the contract assignments Ive undertaken. No mention of my Ltd though.

How do you arrange yours in terms of this?
    There is no mention of any of the multi-national corporations that I own on my CV.

Threaded.

Comment

You could always do what large consultancies do and offer a consultant profile, which indicates which company the consultant works for.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by marcus2704 View Post
        My CV is obviously personal to me, should I be mentioning my Ltd Co on it?
        Yes, afterall, it is your business that is offering the services, and not you personally.

Comment

I just list Myco at the same level as any permie jobs, with sub-headings for each contract.
          It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

I did try last year using a "consultant profile" but the agents just reject it as unacceptable.

Originally posted by oraclesmith View Post
            I just list Myco at the same level as any permie jobs, with sub-headings for each contract.
            That's what I do now. It seems to cause least confusion.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith View Post
              How many people offer you employment, and ask why you want to leave YourCo Ltd?

Comment

I'm afraid when I have tried to write my CV with "my co" as my employer it completely floors most agencies as to why I have put "my co" rather than the blue chip client co's that I have projects with. Oh well.......
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  I'm afraid when I have tried to write my CV with "my co" as my employer it completely floors most agencies as to why I have put "my co" rather than the blue chip client co's that I have projects with. Oh well.......
                  Agreed. The number of pimps who asked my when I left my contract at my Limited amazed me. They just don't get it.

And in Denny's absence I'm almost tempted to bang on about 'company brochures'. But I won't to spare you all the pain...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Same here; "are you still with yourco ltd?"

Nah, htey were a bunch of twats so I left !

Comment

Working...
                    X