• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contract-termination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contract-termination

Guys i wanted advice

At my current contract i am on 1 week notice..

If i walk out what does that mean? does it just mean no reference?

why don't you just give a weeks notice
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

More than likley they may also come after your for breach of contract.

It is also a highly unprofessional thing to do. I would never walk out. If the work/people are carp then negotiate with them and ask for no notice. If you just got offered more money then walk but don't expect to be able to cross a burning bridge in the future.

Comment

i realy dont liek working here and want to leave today!!! i do 2 peoples job where as use to do one people before...i dont get time for lunch my manager knows and he STILL wants me to do more work!!! he knpows i dont hyave time for lunch and still wants me to do more work what more can i do? last 2 weeks i have have had no lunch and havent got paid for that extra hour i work!!

So its realy buging me now and i think if i give notice in he gna make me work like maddddd!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by checkmate View Post
          i realy dont liek working here and want to leave today!!! i do 2 peoples job where as use to do one people before...i dont get time for lunch my manager knows and he STILL wants me to do more work!!! he knpows i dont hyave time for lunch and still wants me to do more work what more can i do? last 2 weeks i have have had no lunch and havent got paid for that extra hour i work!!

So its realy buging me now and i think if i give notice in he gna make me work like maddddd!!!!
          feck.. you sure you're cut out for this contracting life?

what you describe is pretty much the way things are in contracting - bonus when it's not!
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Hand in your notice and work to your contract. If it says 7 hours a day, with one hour for lunch, then work 7 hours and take one hour for lunch. What's the manager going to do? Physically prevent you leaving the office?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

[QUOTE=NotAllThere;339699]Hand in your notice and work to your contract. If it says 7 hours a day, with one hour for lunch, then work 7 hours and take one hour for lunch. What's the manager going to do? [QUOTE]

Refuse to sign your time sheet.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                flip.. you sure you're cut out for this contracting life?

what you describe is pretty much the way things are in contracting - bonus when it's not!
                I wish I got jobs like that.

All I get offered now are jobs to integrate someone elses (for which read: an Indian) krap code onto the hardware.

Usually, this only takes up about a third of each week before you have to send it back for corrections and because it isn't my responsibility to write code (despite it being what I am: (a) best qualified for, (b) Sh1t hot at) I'm not allowed to fill in the spare time writing code so I have to find noddy things to do to fill the rest of the week.

Oh for the good old days when contractors were taken on to write code.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by checkmate View Post

Think like a business. If you got a plumber in to unblock your loo would you expect him to do the drains and unblock the sink for free?

Why are you doing another persons work for free? Tell your client liason (you don't have a manager now do you...) you're more than willing to do him a quote for the extra work now he's confident YourCo has the skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
                    Think like a business. If you got a plumber in to unblock your loo would you expect him to do the drains and unblock the sink for free?

Why are you doing another persons work for free? Tell your client liason (you don't have a manager now do you...) you're more than willing to do him a quote for the extra work now he's confident YourCo has the skills.

what he said - speak to your agency tell them you want to give a weeks notice and that the agency need to ensure you'll be paid.
                    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Working...
                    X