• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

S3 ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S3 ?

I've seen a few posts regarding S3 agencies.

I gather that S3 is some sort of holding company for a number of EBs. Would someone be kind enough to post a list of these EBs or point me at one.

I'm obviously keen to avoid S£ agencies after reading a few off putting posts.

Thx
    Mark.

The fact you can't easily google the answer is a hint about why we tend to avoid them, but have a look at http://forums.contractoruk.com/threa...es+huxley.html
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Hmm.. My latest gig is with Huxley London.

I must admit, they seem ok. but I haven't started working for the client yet.

I'll be checking with the client to find out what the agents margin is....

Comment

Originally posted by Flat Eric
        I've seen a few posts regarding S3 agencies.

I gather that S3 is some sort of holding company for a number of EBs. Would someone be kind enough to post a list of these EBs or point me at one.

I'm obviously keen to avoid S£ agencies after reading a few off putting posts.

Thx
        Mark.

Go to their website and there is a list of their group companies on their annual report. Alternatively there is a list on the 'SThree are doing well' thread.
        It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
          Go to their website and there is a list of their group companies on their annual report. Alternatively there is a list on the 'SThree are doing well' thread.
          Thanks OS, I checked out that thread and found out that I was with one of them... eeuuchhh!!

Comment

I wouldn't rule out working for s3, just need to be aware of the sharp practices. Find out the right rate for the role and add on 10%. Fight and scratch for that rate regardless of the usual stunts - last minute budget restriction/not quite a perfect match for the role blah blah blah.
            If they won't pay it/won't adjust the contract at all - walk, even at that rate they will usually be making a hefty sum.
            Always ask for the client name when they contact you about a job and don't give them ref's etc unless you want your current client told you are leaving and that he must therefore have a vacancy.

Comment

Jobjock allows you to filter S3.

jobjock www.dreamturbine.com

Comment

Working...
              X