• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reference checks.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Why would that matter?
    Someone from the agency then phones the contractor a few weeks later asking if they need contractors or other staff.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Not always.

Also it's sometimes worth having other contractors who will give you references.

Though some idiot agents can't work out the "X manager" who is giving you a reference is another contractor.
      No tried it once and he gave me a crap reference. Remember they are competitors. Contract project managers are better at giving references.Firstly all my ex project managers left the project before me and have nothing against me. Secondly they may also be looking for a new contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
        No tried it once and he gave me a crap reference. Remember they are competitors. Contract project managers are better at giving references.Firstly all my ex project managers left the project before me and have nothing against me. Secondly they may also be looking for a new contract.
        Seriously do you have a comprehension problem?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
        X