• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ThoughtWorks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ThoughtWorks

I'm starting a project soon with this outfit at client co. After a couple of weeks of sitting down with them and seeing how they work. I have come to the conclusion that they are completely nuts.

They have sold client co 100% paired programming with swapping user stories and pairs every day.

Polishing a turd near you!!

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
    I'm starting a project soon with this outfit at client co. After a couple of weeks of sitting down with them and seeing how they work. I have come to the conclusion that they are completely nuts.

They have sold client co 100% paired programming with swapping user stories and pairs every day.

Watch out for them high-fiving in the car park after work. I kid you not.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

They seem to have long beards and drink craft ale. Hipster heaven.
      Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Originally posted by vadhert View Post
        They seem to have long beards and drink craft ale. Hipster heaven.
        A manager I previously had the misfortune of rescuing a disaster for went there...

The disaster was of his own making and biting my tongue in meetings become very hard work as 6 managers waffled on to the 2 developers...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I heard they were supposed to be very good, no?

Comment

Keep us posted on your progress VH.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I have worked with https://www.thoughtworks.com/profiles/martin-fowler before.

Best not to say where or when.

I could tell a few stories - but not publicly.

Comment

Outfits like this make me physically sick and the 'people' that tend to work there. Over-inflated opinions of themselves. These are the ugly kids from school who had no friends. All of a sudden they see themselves as 'players'.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
                  Outfits like this make me physically sick and the 'people' that tend to work there. Over-inflated opinions of themselves. These are the ugly kids from school who had no friends. All of a sudden they see themselves as 'players'.
                  With the annoying ones, I usually find a threat of revealing all the spoilers from Breaking Thrones/Some netflix tulip* means they give you a wide berth from then on.

* Easy to find out which one as they never stop banging on about it, 24/7.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

From their website...

"Passionate individuals whose purpose is to revolutionize software design, creation and delivery, while advocating for positive social change."

Funnily enough their fees are no different from the ATOS, Serco, Capitas of this world.

Comment

Working...
                    X