• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security Clearance

Ok i have never gone through SC (Security Clearance) and i have no issue with the process and nothing that will stop me.

I am in a good contract at the moment but what i am curious at knowing from you guys who have and are SC cleared is should i go for this role? It will only be for a few months but is having SC clearance on my CV a great seller as i am a full time contractor?

Essentially if this role was to open doors for me then would you recommend me take it and yes this is a role i would enjoy and i do want to do, i would not be applying just for the SC.

Thanks !

Admin. Can you close new user registration and just allow existing members to use sockies and put up troll posts please?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sandybeach View Post
      Ok i have never gone through SC (Security Clearance) and i have no issue with the process and nothing that will stop me.
      How do you know you have nothing that will stop you?

I am in a good contract at the moment but what i am curious at knowing from you guys who have and are SC cleared is should i go for this role?
      If you want to

It will only be for a few months but is having SC clearance on my CV a great seller as i am a full time contractor?
      Possibly / possibly not. What does your research of the market show you?

Essentially if this role was to open doors for me then would you recommend me take it and yes this is a role i would enjoy and i do want to do, i would not be applying just for the SC.
      I wouldn't take it. But I am me, and I am not you. So maybe you should take it.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Admin. Can you close new user registration and just allow existing members to use sockies and put up troll posts please?
        Ok i really do not appreciate being called a troll, i asked a genuine question.

Please do not reply or report the post if you have nothing nice to say.

Thank You
        Last edited by sandybeach; 11 July 2014, 09:44.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          How do you know you have nothing that will stop you?

If you want to

Possibly / possibly not. What does your research of the market show you?

I wouldn't take it. But I am me, and I am not you. So maybe you should take it.
          Thanks for the reply, the market is good and i have never done an SC role before hence the query may i ask why you would not take the role from your point of view?

Thanks

Comment

Have you read the SC sticky we have? Link is below. You should be able to work out the answer to your questions from reading that.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...questions.html

Comment

Have you read the SC sticky we have? Link is below. You should be able to work out the answer to your questions from reading that.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...questions.html
              I did hence why i posted i wanted to know people's opinion's not the hard facts, still does not excuse your rudeness.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, the market is good and i have never done an SC role before hence the query may i ask why you would not take the role from your point of view?
                I'm very happy in my current contract, and don't like the idea of walking from one client just because something else catches my eye that might or might not be better than the role I am currently doing.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I'm always rude. You will get used to it. What stage are you at with this contract? Have you applied yet. So few will accept non SC cleared people.

Comment

I'm always rude. You will get used to it. What stage are you at with this contract? Have you applied yet. So few will accept non SC cleared people.
                    Even if that is illegal

Not the first sentence, the last one haha

Comment

Working...
                    X