• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doh!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doh!

The way to avoid a border in Ireland is to have an overall UK-EU trade deal based on mutual recognition of standards, veterinary checks etc. Those are the talks we ought to be holding. The delay is not on Britain’s side.

Daniel HANNAN
    European Conservatives and Reformists Group
    United Kingdom
    Conservative Party
    Date of birth: 1 September 1971, Lima

Author of Brexit manifesto What Next: https://www.amazon.co.uk/What-Next-H.../dp/1786691930
    Isn't that what the UK already has being a member of the EU?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

We are leaving the EU.

By paying the same, having the same rules, same citizen freedoms, and following ECJ rulings.

But we are leaving the EU.

I think UKIP will do well at the next election.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      We are leaving the EU.

By paying the same, having the same rules, same citizen freedoms, and following ECJ rulings.

The easiest way to leave the hated ECJ jurisdiction is to leave the EU and join EFTA. Then the UK will be subject to the Court of Justice of the European Free Trade Association States, a supranational judicial body currently responsible for the three EFTA members who are also members of the European Economic Area: Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.

Location: Rue du Fort Thuengen; 1499 Luxemburg City; Luxembourg.

Comment

We are leaving the EU.

Yes, there are more than enough thick, idiot, bigots to vote for them,
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I don't see a problem the EU will allow the UK to camouflage the deal to allow the UK government to "sell it". They'll remove banking passporting rights and introduce some additional checks at the border to generate enough big lorry queues so that everyone thinks they have their sovereignty back and they won't tell anyone that they secretly get the EU to check their new trade deals.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

We are leaving the EU.

we're gonna pay more, have less say, and less benefits.

We've taken back control of ........ something I guess.......

And UKIP are dead now.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

The name of the game is how to leave and rebrand without changing anything.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                The name of the game is how to leave and rebrand without changing anything.

European Economic Zone.

Comment

Back in March I predicted that the compromise deal would 0.9 * EU position + 0.1* UK position. I was wrong and I will now revise that, my prediction is now:

0.9999 * EU position + 0.0001 * UK position

We could save a lot of time by simply allowing the EU to get on write it and we can all have it done and dusted by the end of January. All they need to do is edit the EU treaty and change a few words around.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

UK to pay in to the EU for decades

whoops what did it say on the bus

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X