• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can one of you kind folks offer some feedback on my CV?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can one of you kind folks offer some feedback on my CV?

Hi guys,

Long time lurker, very occasional poster.

I have a favour to ask.

I don't think my CV is that great.

Don't worry about the formatting too much. The .DOC version is much cleaner.

Can someone please tell me where I'm going wrong?

John McDermott - United Kingdom | LinkedIn

Love you long time,
    Johnny

Originally posted by lowjohnny View Post
    Hi guys,

Long time lurker, very occasional poster.

I have a favour to ask.

I don't think my CV is that great.

Don't worry about the formatting too much. The .DOC version is much cleaner.

Can someone please tell me where I'm going wrong?

John McDermott - United Kingdom | LinkedIn

Love you long time,
    Johnny
    The root problem is you're Australian other than that the c.v. looks useable - not many stand out companies

Think you may be a middle order kind of guy

Luv you lots too xx

HTH
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Thank you for your prompt and helpful response.

I must admit I thought being Australian may put me at a disadvantage, though there are a few multinationals in there.

Would it help to highlight that I am an E.U citizen?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        The root problem is you're Australian other than that the c.v. looks useable - not many stand out companies

Think you may be a middle order kind of guy

Luv you lots too xx

HTH
        You will have to excuse Troll's sledgehammer attempts at wit. The arse in his avater is the one he uses for both talking and thinking!

HTH
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by lowjohnny View Post
          I must admit I thought being Australian may put me at a disadvantage, though there are a few multinationals in there. Would it help to highlight that I am an E.U citizen?
          I've found that being a foreigner is more of an advantage than a disadvantage.

Many employers are a little embarrassed about to enquire about the finer points of your immigration status so it's worth while clearing the air on that one up front. "EU citizen, free to live and work anywhere in the EEA."
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Look at me look at me, look at me
            HTH
            Johnny as a newb you will have learn to distinguish between a valid reply which contains some tongue in cheek remarks & replies from empty potty-heads suffering from lastworditus who don't really add any value to the threads

HTH

Comment

<cough>

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                <cough>

Tixylix?

Comment

It seemed to go away on it's own.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                  X