• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This ratings business

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    Has anyone answered this question yet?

I'd never noticed the ratings before...
    No, and I still can't work it out.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

This mean spirited rapping seems to be done in a very Welsh manor. I'm a poplar member of this lodge yet my reputation is -60

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
        Has anyone answered this question yet?
        You can't as far as I can see: you only get to see the resulting description.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          You can't as far as I can see: you only get to see the resulting description.
          Again Nick please use some lateral thinking.....

Member List - Contractor UK Bulletin Board

You cannot get the exact match. But you start on 10 points. The first change is at 50 from Mostly Harmless to Makes Sense. The next change at 100 to 'Must be Listened to'. I would imagine the next change is at 200 which Zippy has got to be close to.

Going other other way 0 - 10 is Mostly Harmless but can be spotted because as you start with 10 points, it means you must be less then 10 if you order ascending

0 to - 25 is 'Tries hard to make sense'

-25 to -50 is 'Slower than a 486'

and so far <-50 is 'Never made it past tape changer'

So you cannot see the exact numbers but you can work out the ranges.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Again Nick please use some lateral thinking.....

Member List - Contractor UK Bulletin Board

You cannot get the exact match. But you start on 10 points. The first change is at 50 from Mostly Harmless to Makes Sense. The next change at 100 to 'Must be Listened to'. I would imagine the next change is at 200 which Zippy has got to be close to.

Going other other way 0 - 10 is Mostly Harmless but can be spotted because as you start with 10 points, it means you must be less then 10 if you order ascending

0 to - 25 is 'Tries hard to make sense'

-25 to -50 is 'Slower than a 486'

and so far <-50 is 'Never made it past tape changer'

So you cannot see the exact numbers but you can work out the ranges.
            I don't know if admin is using the default ranges, but if so, there are fifteen levels between -2000 and +3000.

Comment

Yep, you only get to see the description of others, but not their points. In your settings you get to see the total points and comments but not how many points have been given by each person. Only the last five are listed. (it might be nice to hae a list of those you have repped though)

I can confirm that moving from 'Should be listened to' to the next level (whatever that is) does not occur at 200 points.

Wow, remnds me of playing those old platform/level games.
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Yep, you only get to see the description of others, but not their points. In your settings you get to see the total points and comments but not how many points have been given by each person. Only the last five are listed. (it might be nice to hae a list of those you have repped though)

I can confirm that moving from 'Should be listened to' to the next level (whatever that is) does not occur at 200 points.

Wow, remnds me of playing those old platform/level games.
                On the default ranges, you should move up at 250. As I mentioned, I don't know if the default ranges apply here - I only have the dev server to check with - but it's unlikely that admin will have gone to too much trouble over a feature that's really just a bit of fun. On that note, I think we should allow the time for threaded's SP gricerboy to be driven slowly but inexorably towards the -2000 mark

IIRC, seeing who repped you is a configurable option. (I can't be bothered to check at this time of night.) Enabling it would probably lead to even more vituperous flamewars than already occur, although if I offer my personal opinion that this would be a Bad Thing I'll just get flamed by those losers who think trolling is clever, so I won't

The "see those you have repped" feature doesn't exist, but if enough people badger admin for it, it could be implemented

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  On the default ranges, you should move up at 250. As I mentioned, I don't know if the default ranges apply here - I only have the dev server to check with - but it's unlikely that admin will have gone to too much trouble over a feature that's really just a bit of fun. On that note, I think we should allow the time for threaded's SP gricerboy to be driven slowly but inexorably towards the -2000 mark

IIRC, seeing who repped you is a configurable option. (I can't be bothered to check at this time of night.) Enabling it would probably lead to even more vituperous flamewars than already occur, although if I offer my personal opinion that this would be a Bad Thing I'll just get flamed by those people who don't agree, so I won't

The "see those you have repped" feature doesn't exist, but if enough people badger admin for it, it could be implemented
                  You'd make a tulip politician, jumping up and down on the bench shouting 'Troll', 'Troll'. The word Troll to you is like immigrant to the Daily Mail.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                    I have another one. Am I justified in negging someone for hijacking my thread?
                    Of course you are - you can neg sockies just for existing
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      Of course you are - you can neg sockies just for existing
                      Ooh watch out NOB25.

Just realised, I should now be listened to. How exciting.
                      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X