• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What Comes First Ltd Company/Bank Account or Contract Offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Comes First Ltd Company/Bank Account or Contract Offer

Hi

I'm looking to move from perm to contract, and have a couple of telephone interviews in the pipeline. I currently have a 1 week notice period so if I secure a contract I'm keen to get going asap.

My question is do I need to form a Ltd company and have a business account before I get a contract or vice versa? - A contractor friend is putting me in touch with an Accountant but this probably won't be until after the interviews.

Any advise would be most welcome.

You can do it either way perfectly well. The last company registration I did took a couple of hours, and then the bank set up an account the same afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
      You can do it either way perfectly well. The last company registration I did took a couple of hours, and then the bank set up an account the same afternoon.
      WHS

A week is an age in company setup.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

OK, thanks. I think I'll wait until I've got a contract offer before I register then.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJames View Post
          Hi

I'm looking to move from perm to contract, and have a couple of telephone interviews in the pipeline. I currently have a 1 week notice period so if I secure a contract I'm keen to get going asap.

My question is do I need to form a Ltd company and have a business account before I get a contract or vice versa? - A contractor friend is putting me in touch with an Accountant but this probably won't be until after the interviews.

Any advise would be most welcome.
          You dont need either set up first. And, if you still havent got a contract yet, I'd wait until you do.

Its unlikely an agent will pay you more frequently than monthly anyway. By which time your bank account and ltd co will be set up.

Took less than 2 hours for my accountant to create the ltd co. Bank account took a little longer at just over 10 days.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

WHS
            And WHS.
            And WHS.
            Neither major problems, both easily navigated between start date and first invoice normally.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              WHS
              And WHS.
              And WHS.
              Neither major problems, both easily navigated between start date and first invoice normally.
              WTS

Just find yourself a decent accountant who'll sort it all out for you.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
              X