• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can i claim wages as a director of a Ltd company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i claim wages as a director of a Ltd company

Hi

I have just started a new ltd company a few months ago, and i was told by a business adviser that i can pay myself a wage ( i think he said £3500 ) and claim it back so it would cost me nothing. Is this right, or am i misunderstanding what he has said please?

Claim it back from what?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Your accountant will be able to help you out.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Wow.....
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've been told to be nice to you. Welcome.

In this instance, your Accountant is the best person to ask. There are a lot of tossers on this forum, which include me [emoji1787]. Even though some of us have been trained as Accountants, we are not your Accountant!
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Hi Rich

if you look to your right on the forum page, you will see a bar listing various guides ------>

First look at first timers then keep moving down through the guides, we get many people asking the same question over and over hence the responses in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCountryContractor View Post
              Hi Rich

if you look to your right on the forum page, you will see a bar listing various guides ------>

First look at first timers then keep moving down through the guides, we get many people asking the same question over and over hence the responses in this thread.
              To be fair we've not had this question before
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hi,

How much research did you do before starting up on your own? Have you engaged with an accountant?

I really do hope this is another troll post!

WLB

Comment

Working...
                X