• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Potential Contract work abroad. Help in logistics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamesFuller View Post
    Thank you again

This role is in Cork and apparently the rent is cheaper there?

The customer says they can only go up to 450 Euros (just over £400).

I don't know if this is enough to cover my living costs in Cork (Rent, £30 a week on food, maybe £20 a month gym, commute costs) + my living costs in the UK which is about £2,000 a month.

I know I can do the job and working in another country for a while sounds nice but I am having a hard time calculating whether this would work financially if I accept the rate above (£400).
    Blimey.. If you are finding that hard.....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I suppose it's the post-tax income I need help with calculating right.

E.g. £400 x 5 x 4 = £8,000 but from that how much would be taxed, the best way to get the most income so that I can pay for both living costs and see what is saved.

Comment

E.g. £400 x 5 x 4 = £8,000 but from that how much would be taxed, the best way to get the most income so that I can pay for both living costs and see what is saved.
        Look on the Eire government tax website for their tax rates.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Read the newbie guides to the right and spend some time on google.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Go to iconaccounting.ie and use the calc. 8k a mo would net about 5k but you can offset first three months accom and sundry 100% business costs, and taxsaver.ie to offset public transport costs (called LEAP, much like Oyster in London).

Comment

Working...
              X