• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New to Contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Contracting

Hi All,
    New to the contracting game. Huge changes at my perm role forced me to look for a new job and decided to apply for a few contracting positions as well as perm. Had a phone interview and was told I would be going up against 2 experienced contractors with 2 going through to face to face interviews. Got a phone call yesterday (next day) to offer me the role with no face to face! Excited at the possibilities that it could bring and I'm sure I will have many questions.
    It's what I've always wanted to do, so am happy I've taken the leap.
    Thanks and Hi!

Well that's the first hard thing done, congratulations.

Now you need to get reading. Start with the guides over there --> and get the IPSE Guide to Freelancing and study that (they do a freebie access account now that is the easiest route in - www.ipse.co.uk and it's on the front page). You have no idea how much you don't know!
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

And don't forget to use the Search method as described here before asking any questions. Most newbie questions will have been covered at some point.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X